2005 Twin Yamaha 200 HPDI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Twin Yamaha 200 HPDI's

I have 2005 Yamaha 200HP HPDI's. Last season a problem started. Engines idle fine but when I get on the throttle's I can feel within a second that they are going to be sluggish is the best way I can subscribe it. I back off them, turn off the keys and re-start, most of the time problem solved. By sluggish I mean they take a little longer getting to higher RPM's and max out from 28-32 hundred. Gets on plane but that's it. Usually will shoot up quick and WOT around 48-5200. There is no pattern to when this happens, might run strong 5,6,7 times in a row when starting up and running. The problem may happen one or two times in a row and just turn it off and restart and runs fine until restarted. I had the injectors done this year, VST, all regular fuel filters, plugs, etc. Tested the neutral safety and its fine. It's common to both motors when it happens. Seems to me a fuel delivery issue or an safety lockout on the motors but what would effect both motors? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! The marina I took it too said they couldn't find any problems.

I would be monitoring rail pressure to make sure it is in spec when RPM is a problem.
    laptop hooked up on those high pressure motors would be best

Comment

Working...
    X