pro V 200 oil issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro V 200 oil issue

Over the weekend had the boat out had the low oil buzzer go off. Lifted the cowl and found yhe bottle under the cowl was full. While the cowl was off I noticed the front of the air box hsd some oil residue on it and an unusual amount of oil in the lower cowl halves. Any body had any issues like this before. Engines oil injected p200TLRP

You had not mentioned when last time you played with engine oil reservoir. Most likely strainer with float oriented wrong. No oil inside strainer tube and float signaled to pump oil. Oil Will be everywhere. Check.

Comment

Originally posted by amahaork View Post
      You had not mentioned when last time you played with engine oil reservoir. Most likely strainer with float oriented wrong. No oil inside strainer tube and float signaled to pump oil. Oil Will be everywhere. Check.
      Had the cowl off 3 days earlier on the friday, checking to make sure everything was alright under the cowl, as the oil reservoir bottle under the cowl wasnt being filled from the tank in the boat. changed the oil filters at the boat tank end inside the boat checked the oil pump, and cleaned the oil strainer in the reservior tank under the cowl. Boat was fine for the rest of the weekend. No issues

Then on monday morning the oil buzzer went off again. And as previously mentioned I took the cowl off to find the under cowl reservoir was still full.

Im thinking that the float switch under the cowl is faulty? Can anyone else shed some light on this matter. I did notice that the oil strainer in the reservoir tank is pretty old and was thinking of replacing it.

Any assistance in this is greatly appreciated. Cheers Jay

Comment

are you positive its an oil alarm????
        the ONLY way to tell is by the visual indicate.

if your getting an oil visual indicate what does it look like?

unlike mercs and jonny/rudes Yamaha simply uses the same tone for any and all alarms.

Comment

Is your float in the oil reservoir sticking? It could be sticking low so that the pump turns on and overflows the reservoir (oil in the bottom of the cowl) and the buzzer is then going off.

Pull the float and slide it up and down confirming that the buzzer works, remote pump starts on low (buzzer should have turned off by this point), and remote pump stops on high.

Comment

actually, confirm its oil related.

low battery voltage,you get a solid tone,RPM reduction and a VISUAL indicate.

overtemp. you get a solid tone RPM reduction and a temp VISUAL.

low engine oil tank. you get a solid tone,RPM reduction and an OIL VISUAL indicate as well as the remote pump is commanded ON until the key is switched off or the float rises above SW3.

Comment

Funny someone mentioned Battery voltage. I did notice that one of my digital gauges was going awol during the weekend. Might check the battery voltage as I also noticed it was a bit cranky to start and Idling quiet low in gear. (400-500 rpm) Ive checked the float switch and it seems o be fine. Ill check it again and keep you all upto date with the outcomes.

Comment

Found I had a loose connection at the 30 A fuse under the engine cowl. Cleaned it and reconnected it and all seems to be working a bit better. engine seems to trim fast on the trailer. I will water test it and let you all know the outcome. Also going to spray some POWER TUNE internal engine cleaner into the motor to help clean it out, Anything I should be aware of before I do it???

Comment

Working...
                X