Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out with the old. In with the not so old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out with the old. In with the not so old.

Sold my boat with the 2005 F225s. Yippeeeeeee!

Bought new (used, 2014) boat with 2014 F300s. Yippeeeeeee!

I sure do hope that I don't have to wrench on these new ones as often as I did the old.

Pics??....
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

These engines are beasts. I've only run it once but they appear to have nearly identical fuel burn values as the 225s did. While pushing a heavier, deeper V hull through the water at a slightly faster speed. So, in 5000 hours of operation, they'll offset 1/10th of the purchase price of the boat!

7EX9umJcSAegrocCCURR4Q.jpg
      Last edited by oldmako69; 09-05-2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Sweet. When I win the loto.

Comment

Fly by wire throttles, fly by wire steering, Auto-Pilot, the whole 9 yards. Just looks like more expensive stuff to break to me! But the lower unit goes in and out of gear almost silently. No clunk. There is a detent in the throttle between in gear and increasing throttle. The first time you try to put it in gear, you'll blow right past it. Aim the boat at cheap soft stuff before you try it.

But, it looks like access to the fuel injectors, fuel pumps, T-stats, etc is MUCH easier. Happy about that. Imagine, you no longer have to remove the battery cables to pull the intake silencer! Gawd that was stupid.

Will post up as they give me shinola. Till then, WOT pushes a 6000 boat 60 knots. The fuel burn at that WOT gives me a heart attack.
          Last edited by oldmako69; 09-05-2020, 09:38 PM.

Comment

3 axle trailer mean the boat should have 3 motors
            but then I would not want to go faster
            60 is already too fast for something that big and heavy with no breaks
            Last edited by 99yam40; 09-05-2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

It costs too much to drive it that fast anyway. The fuel burn is eye-popping when you stomp on it. 35 is plenty fast 90 percent of the time. Plus, I don't like to flog motors too hard. I want these to last a long long time.

Comment

And what do you tow that with? How much does it weight?

Comment

I tow it with Dodge Ram 1500. 5.7 Hemi. The boat weighs 6000 but all in (engines, fuel, gear, trailer....) it's more like 9500-10000 pounds.

BUT....

I don't tow it. I have a parking spot (on trailer) right next to a ramp and a slip. So, all I do is pull it forward 200 hundred feet or so and then back it down the ramp. Using 4WD low, it comes up the ramp no problem.

Better lucky than good.

Comment

Good luck with it,beautiful set up, enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                    X