• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine runs at 3500 RPM.

https://youtu.be/5IsdA7y69YI my motor running max to3500rpm

you may want to give more info and ask a question

Comment

question? Why is the motor working at max 3500rpm from the previous day still working normally at max 5600rpm? Where should I check and fix it?

The technician told me that It was because the ECM died. is it true as he said?

model Yamaha F200 trx 2002
      Last edited by NeverSea; 08-31-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Looked to me like it was back firing thru the intake
        timing off , stuck or burnt valve, bad cam.
        is fuel pressure in spec when problem shows up?
        leak down test will show if all cylinders are sealing properly.
        timing light should show if spark is happening at proper time

Comment

Probably a plugged injector screen or 2.....have injectors been serviced lately or ever?...the motor may be due for some preventive maintenance after 18 year....injectors are a good starting place...

Comment

Motor runs on 600-3400rpm is normal. No stumbling or shaking But increase the speed to the end The engine will run at 3500rpm and make a loud noise from the video and vibrate.

Comment

I am not familiar with that motor, does it have variable cam timing run off of oil pressure?
              maybe a cam is not moving as it should.
              maybe that is only on newer motors.

monitoring rail pressure when the problem happens will tell if the VST is running out of fuel at higher RPMs

Shift position switch code and low battery voltage being are 2 things that look out of ordinary to me
              if it thinks motor is in neutral it may keep RPMs from climing.
              low voltage could cause problems also, why was it showing 11.8V
              Last edited by 99yam40; 08-31-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Apparently that specific engine isn't US but does / had two variations of camshafts available (at least here in the US) , variable and non-variable:

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...f200txra/valve

With the lower voltage, possible those two injectors aren't opening fully(or clogged) causing a lean condition in those cylinders? (lean sneeze & rough running)

Capture.JPG
                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-31-2020, 04:19 PM.
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  I am not familiar with that motor, does it have variable cam timing run off of oil pressure?
                  maybe a cam is not moving as it should.
                  maybe that is only on newer motors.

monitoring rail pressure when the problem happens will tell if the VST is running out of fuel at higher RPMs

Shift position switch code and low battery voltage being are 2 things that look out of ordinary to me
                  if it thinks motor is in neutral it may keep RPMs from climing.
                  low voltage could cause problems also, why was it showing 11.8V
                  This is the engine operation log. looks right?

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    Apparently that specific engine isn't US but does / had two variations of camshafts available (at least here in the US) , variable and non-variable:

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...f200txra/valve

With the lower voltage, possible those two injectors aren't opening fully(or clogged) causing a lean condition in those cylinders? (lean sneeze & rough running)

Capture.JPG
                    I'm confused, why is it driving coming 1hr at 3700-4500rpm? not issues And stop the engine for 5 minutes And start again, it is normal But the engine can accelerate only 3500rpm "Technicians analyzed that the ECM was dead."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverSea View Post

This is the engine operation log. looks right?
                      too small of a pic to read

Comment

Originally posted by NeverSea View Post
                        question? Why is the motor working at max 3500rpm from the previous day still working normally at max 5600rpm? Where should I check and fix it?

The technician told me that It was because the ECM died. is it true as he said?

model Yamaha F200 trx 2002
                        Something went wrong from one day to the next, nobody knows when things will fail.

If the ECU was dead it most likely wouldn't run at all.

You have to try trouble shooting the problem yourself and tell us what you have done.

Get yourself a service manual and fix the things you know are wrong first. Low voltage is showing up...so figure out that problem first.

Many others things have already been suggested, fuel pressure, compression ect..

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

too small of a pic to read

Comment

still have the shift position problem,
                            but the voltage came up to 13V
                            I would think it would be higher

TPS reading only 1.05 V might be a problem at 3500rpm
                            also throttle valve only at 8.7 degree at 3500
                            not sure if 40 BTDC is in spec either
                            someone with more knowlege of you motor will have to chime in

Comment

As I highlight(Atmospheric pressure) Is the result normal? Which speed is different
                              sorry the pic small.
                              Last edited by NeverSea; 09-01-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X