No announcement yet.

Diagnosis help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drain the vst and fill with seafoam let set 4-5 days drain and refill with fuel.start using seafoam mixed in tank ALWAYS(small amount)change filter-th

Comment

That's a good idea.. Thanks

Comment

why not simply REMOVE the VST.
        PROPERLY clean it and the filter.
        pop the injectors, clean the rail and spray out the injector filters and rock and roll.

takes all of 2 hours or so.

IF the motor continues to run lean you can post about burned ex valves and detonated piston crowns.

Comment

At this point in time , one injector appeared to be plugged. After cleaning all the injectors its running fine now. I will drain the VST and shoot some carb cleaner up back through the drain several times and go from there . The VST was thoroughly disassembled and cleaned about 20 hours ago so I think its OK..I think what happens is the pintle carmalizes fuel during the hot soak down period when you shut down the motor. If not run continuously the pintle does not get cleaned and the deposits harden thus causing abnormal flow or restriction. However ,cleaning the VST as well is the right protocol for sure. Thanks for the tip.
          Last edited by Nautical; 03-15-2015, 06:53 AM. Reason: additional info..

Comment

Working...
          X