What Fuel Line do I Need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Fuel Line do I Need?

I want to replace fuel line on both sides of engine mounted fuel filter 1997 S150...line to fuel pumps and to primer bulb. I think its the same size, but don't know what size it is. Would like to have oem line.

Help?
    Tom P in Virginia Beach, VA
    1997 Yamaha S150TXRV on
    1997 Scout 192 SportFish

order the parts from this web site, click on the Yamaha parts at top of page and look them up or

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...150tlrv/fuel-1

Comment

I used to use this site regularly. But now for the last year or so every time I try to do anything a page wanting me to subscribe to email pops up. I am computer savvy and have tried MANY "workarounds / fixes" with no success. I even emailed with support. They were useless.I keep trying and I keep giving up!
      1997 Yamaha S150TXRV on
      1997 Scout 192 SportFish

Comment

Take a small section of the hose with you to Oreilly or Advance. On the suction side, you don't need to go nuts but you should buy Coast Guard approved (thicker walls) hose. On the pressure side, you definitely need a high-pressure fuel line suitable for fuel injection if your engine is so equipped. What's funny to me is the stuff on the feed side from Yam is thin. Good hose no doubt, but thin.

If you get stopped by the CG they can inspect your hose and ruin your day if it's crap.

While I'd love to buy more stuff from Yam, their prices are simply idiotic on many items. My engines require over 700 dollars worth of fuel lines for the lines currently available. Two of them are currently listed as unavailable, so their price is anyone's guess. So, in order to replace both of my engines fuel lines I'm going to shell out almost 1500 bucks?? If anyone can explain that to me, I am all ears.

Ethanol fuel makes a lot of money for farmers and Big Ag. For the rest of us, it's just pure crap.

Comment

Originally posted by tperk100 View Post
          I used to use this site regularly. But now for the last year or so every time I try to do anything a page wanting me to subscribe to email pops up. I am computer savvy and have tried MANY "workarounds / fixes" with no success. I even emailed with support. They were useless.I keep trying and I keep giving up!
          I'm likely not as computer savvy as you are but using Windows 10 (lap top) and "turning off the pop up settings", I get absolutely NO pop ups.

Neither this site, or any others.

It is do-able but I suspect it's either your settings or browser settings...

IE:

Capture.JPG
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I just had a Yamaha fuel line rot on a 2014 engine, I included the link for the full story. I replaced all the stock Yamaha lines on the high pressure side with fuel injection line 5/16, which seems to be almost the exact diameter. The issue I encountered is the line that rotted was coming of the fuel regulator to the cooler rail, this line is contoured with almost 2 90 degree turns which I can’t accomplish on regular fuel line without having it kink and fit poorly. Yamaha wants $120 to replace this 8in run of line which is not in stock anywhere, so now I have a engine that can’t be used until I find this overpriced Yamaha part
            My VST was done in the spring before putting the boat in the water, everything was going well for a few trips then the boat began running rough-sputtering stalling out then finally got to the point where it was cranking but not starting. I found that there was no pressure on the fuel rail at key on and by process of elimination

Comment

what about bending some metal tubing and then use small pieces of rubber line to connect them.
              but then you more connections that can leak

SS would be good, but I wonder if copper or Monel would also work

Comment

Townsends,

I've tried multiple browsers, all with pop ups disabled, all with add on pop up killer extensions, have cleared all caches etc, etc, etc. Have NOT tried another computer. Good idea. Will give that a go and see what happens. I bet it works. I DO think the problem is on my computer somewhere, but just have not been able to find it. I am a heavy computer user and have stored credentials for over 400 sites. I have problems with none of them except boats.net.

Guys,

Yes, I see now that the fuel line parts from filter to pumps and from the cowling loom to the filter are UNBELIEVABLY, ABSURDLY priced. I've got to regroup here and figure out how to proceed. I don't REALLY think these lines are bad. I just wanted to positively eliminate them. And I seriously doubt a pressure line is bad or I would have leaking.
                1997 Yamaha S150TXRV on
                1997 Scout 192 SportFish

Comment

Surf,

I eliminated some of those short 75 dollar hoses by running longer straight hoses. The trick is finding places to route them in a manner that will not allow them to kink and prevent them from chafing. I looked online for bent tubing to help but had zero luck.

Comment

Townsends,

You are not gonna believe this. SAME problem on another computer. Seems like its related to my account, soooooo I created a new account on the other computer with a new email and password. SAME EXACT problem. I cannot believe it. I cannot use this site.
                    1997 Yamaha S150TXRV on
                    1997 Scout 192 SportFish

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
                      Surf,

I eliminated some of those short 75 dollar hoses by running longer straight hoses. The trick is finding places to route them in a manner that will not allow them to kink and prevent them from chafing. I looked online for bent tubing to help but had zero luck.
                      I tried this, all the hoses on the hp loop I was able to replace with new line however on the F150 the hose coming off the pressure regulator is molded in such a way that I can’t get it to make the right turn without kinking.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
                        Surf,

ever think of getting a tubing bender and bend some yourself or have someone bend it for you?

Comment

Likewise. Mine has two sharp 90's. It's the only one on the HP side that remains. Hopefully, it's not the source of the crud that was clogging my VST screen.

Comment

Working...
                          X