Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing question for 1990 Yamaha 130 HP

Hi there,
    I performed my routine maintenance on my 1990 130HP (130ETXD) according to the yamaha manual. Timing, carb rebuilt and sync then pick up timing. The question I have is concerning the pickup timing.
    According to manual, Unscrew the Idle speed screw, Release the carb roller (3), 4ATC on Flywheel, mark under flywheel lined up with mark on trigger (all good), then place roller on cam marking (4). Once done readjust idle speed screw to get +/- 750 RPM.

So once all completed, the roller doesn't touch the cam as the idle speed adjustment created a gap between roller and cam.

I was wondering, in this situation, while advancing the throttle, the timing is going to advance somewhat before the carb plates start moving. I am getting a slight unpleasant vibration around 1000/1100 rpm then the motor responds smoothly as the throttle is advanced further. Anyone running into this situation? Should the roller (3) be readjusted once idle speed is adjusted to touch the cam (4)?

Anyway, it isn't that bad, i just don't stay in the vibration range but I am curious.

Thank you

Frederic

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 9.15.51 PM.jpg

PS, compression 125 on all cyl
    Timing light showing 5 ATC at idle
    new spark plugs
    new fuel pump
    carb cleaned (ultra sonic)
    new Primer bulb
    1990 Yamaha 130v4 130ETXD.

how big of a gap?
    My 1999 C40 is very close but not touching at idle

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      how big of a gap?
      My 1999 C40 is very close but not touching at idle
      I would say 2mm, I'll take a picture. What is kinda strange is how much the timing advanced before the roller gets in contact.
      I'll actually take a video and post it.

Thanks
      1990 Yamaha 130v4 130ETXD.

Comment

Working...
      X