No announcement yet.

Infractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so far I have only been banned from 1 site .
    I figure that for about 14 yrs of posting on sites that's not bad.

yea I can get a bit sharp sometimes but I am only trying to get the point across.

sometimes it gets old posting the same old information.
    most folks don't realize that after about 30 yrs of doing this odds are high your not the only person to have ever had an overheat or oil transfer issue.

I used to do this for fun,now its simply a job.

I shoot old military weapons for fun now.
    if anyone needs a nice T9.9 electric start Ill trade for a Venezuelan FN-49.

Comment

Good to see you are still aboard Rodbolt.

Yea I got one too for something I wrote weeks ago.
      I guess someone was slow on the trigger or new maybe.
      heck someone may have reported something offended them, I do not know for sure

Comment

It is a tough call trying to correct someone without seeming to be an ******* about it. New kids today I am told can't take any kind of criticism whatsoever. No one loses and no one wins. It is all about equality.

Unfortunately, they get into the real world and can't seem to handle the truth. Some are smarter than others, some are better looking than others, some have more money than others, and so on and so forth. It is the way that the world is. I live in a world that is, not a world that I might wish it to be.

My moma would slap my hand if I tried to get it too close to the burner, after telling me to stop numerous times. She might have even slapped the back of my head when her message was not getting through to me. She might have been accused of child abuse by today's standards. I never got what she was trying to tell me until I touched that burner. Her words were crystal clear to me then.

Some folks that come here for information simply need to have their hand slapped a time or two. Or, maybe the back of their head.

Comment

uau!!!

This is all new to me.
          Boscoe, I thought you were joking!
          Respect is very important but I can't remember lack of respect around on this site.
          Yes, once in a while may happen a little more rude answers but can´t remember offensive answers.

Moderator of this forum should be happy as almost other foruns on this site are dead!!! (that doesn´t mean we can say all we want or think)

I'm a backyardigan willing to learn and if were not you I knew nothing!

Thanks!

I'm commiting an infraction by saying "backyardigan"?

Please keep posting and don´t let me die...

Comment

Almetelo

folks that wish to try are why I post.

when I learned to program and set up CNC lathes and mills NO one was assisting me.
            I had to pick the lock on the programing room door and read the manuals.
            a perk of third shift .

had one old man,Fred Chastain, that really helped me a lot.

kinda the same when I started back into the marine industry back in the early 90's after being medically retired from the USN.

Ron and Robert at Rons marine and Tony woodisse at shoreflyte were about the only ones that would help me out.

I wasn't born with this knowledge and as Alzhiemers runs in my family I most likely wont die with it.

so I try to help.
            if I get sarchastic or rude I apologize.
            but it sometimes gets the point across.

like Boscoe said, sometimes pain is a good teacher.

Comment

Hey Rodboldt, I'm guessing your skill set with cnc programming will be a lost art soon. I'm self taught also with a little help from old operators. The new programmers only know how to copy and paste and don't even know what g and m code refers to. On the other hand, you and others on this board will always be respected for your help in diagnosing and keeping our engines running. Thanks much to all who have helped keep mine running. Please know many appreciate this board and those who contribute.

Comment

I started out using an old MT-4 word processor and a tape punch.

one night the programmer left the edit key in the hitachi-seike 4NE600, so I made a copy .

we had 2 old mori seki 1000 tape machines, an old Sheldon turret tape machine,a mori 400N mill and a few other CNC lathes.

slant bed CNC was fun .

Comment

I think I'll just keep to java, I'd be much to dangerous on a CNC machine.

Comment

I think I found out why Rodbolt took up marine repair instead of code writing for a living.

Comment

And I thought he meant he was staying with coffee. Java. A cup of joe.

I love coffee, I love tea
                      I love the java jive and it loves me
                      Coffee and tea and the jiving and me
                      A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!
                      I love java, sweet and hot
                      Whoops! Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot
                      Shoot me the pot and I'll pour me a shot
                      A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!
                      Oh, slip me a slug from the wonderful mug
                      And I cut a rug till I'm snug in a jug

Comment

as a plank owner of the USS Arleigh Burke (DDG-51) I can tell you that ship ran on JP-5 and grade B coffee from 5lb tins.

Comment

As a plank owner of the USS Charles E. Berry (DE1035) I can say that it ran on bunker C and grade C coffee. It was hard to smell the java as the boat reeked of the smell of diesel oil.

And, the damn thing was rolling before we ever got out of Pearl Harbor. Got some good "rack time" however. Just had to get out of the bunk to be able to roll over.

The "old man" was just a Lcdr.

This was back in the day when ships were made of wood and sailors were made of iron.

Comment

Working...
                          X