Oil injection problem 1990 40hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobbes1945 View Post
    On the cover of my owners manual it says it covers outboard 40D/50D/Pro 50D and in the specifications section I notice that the full throttle operating range, maximum output, bore and stroke, system displacement, ignition system, etc between the 40 and 50 hp models are absolutely identical. The only difference noted is the spark plug. So where does the 50 get the extra 10hp from?
    Thanks again
    carb jets and exhaust tuner is what I have heard before
    dumps more fuel and releaving back pressure on the exhaust to get more air too are my thoughts

we have all learned something new on your oil system.
    float is inside that strainer thing, so it could alarm if strainer plugged up.
    never thought of a container inside the tanks for the float to sit in.
    Last edited by 99yam40; 08-08-2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help guys. I appreciate all your input. You willing provide a valuable service for guys like me who sometimes are stumbling around in the dark. It's very good of all of you.

I think under the circumstances right now, being far from home and in a remote area, I may be wise and do no harm, as far as I know, to put a gas oil mix of 50:1 in the gas tank. At least that way I know the engine is getting lubrication regardless of what the led lights indicate. And maybe when I take the boat home in the fall I could locate someone who could totally remove the injector system so I wont face any more problems in that regard. What are your views on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbes1945 View Post
        Thanks very much for your help guys. I appreciate all your input. You willing provide a valuable service for guys like me who sometimes are stumbling around in the dark. It's very good of all of you.

I think under the circumstances right now, being far from home and in a remote area, I may be wise and do no harm, as far as I know, to put a gas oil mix of 50:1 in the gas tank. At least that way I know the engine is getting lubrication regardless of what the led lights indicate. And maybe when I take the boat home in the fall I could locate someone who could totally remove the injector system so I wont face any more problems in that regard. What are your views on that?
        Bad idea. Running with premix while the autolube is functioning. Even worse idea to remove the autolube system.

The red light is not saying that the autolube system is not working. It is saying that either the tank is low on oil or the strainer is clogged. Worst case the sensor is bad but I doubt it.

Why not remove and clean the strainer?z40op.png

Comment

I would fix it. It has worked flawless until now, so why not. These systems work very well...but that is up to you in the end. I don't know how much fuel you burn...so maybe mixing it won't be a big deal.

You can mix your gas for now and run the injection as well but you might want to have a spare set of plugs with you and a plug wrench just in case you oil foul them.

Another thing is that if the system keeps acting up it may keep giving you alarms.

You mentioned "Bonnet" in one of your posts..what part of Canada are you in. That's what we call them here on the east coast of Canada...not cowlings

Comment

I may have the service manual for your engine...I will look and see.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
              I would fix it. It has worked flawless until now, so why not. These systems work very well...but that is up to you in the end. I don't know how much fuel you burn...so maybe mixing it won't be a big deal.

You can mix your gas for now and run the injection as well but you might want to have a spare set of plugs with you and a plug wrench just in case you oil foul them.

Another thing is that if the system keeps acting up it may keep giving you alarms.

You mentioned "Bonnet" in one of your posts..what part of Canada are you in. That's what we call them here on the east coast of Canada...not cowlings
              That is the British in you.

Further west, British Columbia for instance, there seems to me less and less British influence.

Do your aeroplanes have alighting gear? To alight at the aerodrome? Made from aluminium?

Eh?

Comment

Boscoe99 and Panasonic
                I guess I call it a Bonnet as I had a close British friend from Yorkshire and he even referred to a car hood as a Bonnet and whenever he had to buy a new set of tires he called them new boots for his car! So I guess it rubbed off on me, eh? Actually my Heritage is Irish. Begosh and Begorrah! I live in southern Ontario but at the moment am in Northern Ontario.

​​​​​ I will take your advice regarding the gas mixture and as well when I get it home I can work on servicing the oil tank and see whats going on.

I genuinely appreciate all the input. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X