Grease Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Types

This has probably been asked several times but didnt find anything on a search. Just bought a used boat with twin F250's on them. Have the service manual from Yamaha and looking at what it says for grease.

It lists grease A, C and D. Do these have real names that go with them?

I use the Walmart brand in the grease gun tube that says "Marine Grease"....for shaft splines and other places I like the Quicksilver 2-4-C Grease with Teflon....comes in about a 6 ounce tube that may last you forever....it's a darn good waterproof grease!.....

Comment

The front of the service manual should tell you what types of grease A, B, etc. are.

See this link.

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessorie...ry_ss_facet=98

Marine grease is A. Multipurpose is B. Moly grease does not have a letter code but the SM will say to use it for the drive shaft splines. And then there is W.R. #2 which is to be used to lubricate the driveshaft support bushing.

Yamaha Grease

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        And then there is W.R. #2 which is to be used to lubricate the driveshaft support bushing.

Yamaha Grease
        +1^^ 100%.

The correct grease for the driveshaft support bearing IS CRITICAL.

I can confrim, that ANY other grease (such as marine wheel bearing grease) will NOT protect this bearing from drying out/squeeking.. Don't ask..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X