Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 - Not running on #1 and #3

F115 (2005), Lost #1 and #3 cylinders.

There is spark at both. Injectors are plugged firmly.

Lost the rpms. Thought perhaps it was some sort of 'limp mode' (no alarm, plenty of water from telltale, had only been running 10 mins max)

Got back home at about 2700, and obviously running rough.

Checked spark, swapped plugs, etc. Can swap injectors between 1 and 2 but have to do something else for next 3 hours.

Have 12.7V, 39 psi on idle. is misfiring at idle and rpm. totally lost 1 and 3.

is there anything that 'defaults' it to run on just 2 and 4.

All plugs are dry.

I hate throwing in 'red herring' info as may have been purely coincidental and unrelated. it happened almost simultaneously as when I went to trim motor. (I checked wiring and harness to make sure I wasn't pinching something when trimming.) I had switched it over to a low voltage battery to let the charger bring it back up, so perhaps it was too low on the voltage? Again, just information, that may have been 100% coincidental.

Both batteries are at 12.6+/- now, and it has made no difference on idle or N-reviing. Goes up to about 14.7v when running and revved. All connections on battery are clean and new cables from batteries to motor*.

*Another possible unrelated issue, but this thing had a negative cable that was almost corroded in half when i bought the boat and had a makeshift repair (I only discovered when I was getting slow starter spin and saw smoke from battery area, found the 'issue' when i peeled the black tape off), so there is chance that system didn't get full ground for a while. Any rectifier issue? etc.?)

Lastly, I'm the same guy that was having drop off at 4,000, which I thought I was getting close on, but now, it dropped two cylinders.

Never mind on above.

Comment

May I ask what the issue / fix was?
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X