Running a F225 using "Ear Muffs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a F225 using "Ear Muffs"

I always have problems using the Ear Muffs on my F225's I seem tobe keeping the water pump parts people very happy. I have a remedey for the situation, and will no longer be using Ear Muffs. I thought I would like to pass this along, and would like to here from anyone who has has this problem and how they solved it. I went to the local Dept. store and purchased a 35 gallon rubber maid clothes/whatever storage container. The lower unit fits fine with about 5 inches of water over the water intake ports, I put a 1/2 inch through hull fitting close to the bottom, on the side with a fitting to hook up to the hose, and keep a steady supply of water going while the motor is running. No more problems. I hopes this helps someone, let me know.
    Dennis

Dennis
    You need to watch it running it in a small container, the water pump which is located on top of lower unit needs to be submerged in water when running it is not a self priming water pump. We run them on 2 water hoses we connect 1 hose to flush adapter on engine cowling and connect earmuff flusher to lower unit and run without any problems.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Dennis,
      The boats.net guy is right - sometimes the water pump will have trouble "priming" if the water level is below it - just make sure you have water pressure on your gauge or there is a "pee-stream" indicating that the pump has primed once you start the motor.
      I have a similiar big plastic "bucket" that I use sometimes on my C115, but I can't get the water as high as you can over the intake port - only about an inch - and I have trouble getting it to prime.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X