Yamaha 175 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 175 carbs

Ok so i rebuilt my carbs. replaced all the fuel lines and pumps. I can't get my carbs to idle without dying. Looked in my manual. Initial idle screw adjustment is not listed for the carbs on my motor.I have ( 3) 6G506's on my motor. The carbs will idle if I use the choke and fether it back and forth. I have backed my screws out to 3 1/2 turns. Just doesn't want to idle. Ideals? Thanks in advance

Kind of sounds like either carbs were not cleaned 100% or the butterflies are not fully closed.

Comment

disassemble completely and use a heated sonic cleaner to make sure all passages are clean.
      Oh yea, did you follow the link and sync procedure in manual after you put the carbs back on?

Comment

Yamaha USA offer 175 HP carburetted motors from 1984 ~ 2000. Any idea as to the year?

Comment

Year is 1989. Carbs are very clean. Not cleaned sonically. Don't know who does that in Dallas.

Comment

Very clean does not always mean all passages are clear, very clean can mean, look nice.

Comment

Just curious, did you get this resolved? I have a 1988 with Nikki carbs and the float bowl on one of them was sticking causing that carb to flood out and not idle. You could see gasoline pouring out of the intake of the carb since the bowl would not rise properly and shut off the fuel into the carb. Evidently, the tolerance is very close between the float and the bowl. I swapped the floats in the carb that was flooding and idles fine now, no more flooding.

Comment

Working...
              X