Analog Gauge Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Gauge Conversion

I have a 25’ SeaCat with dual 1995 Yamaha V6 200hp Four Stroke outboards. My Yamaha Digital Multifunction gauges are so dim I can barely read them. I have decided that I want to put Yamaha Analog gauges in and would appreciate any help.

From reading posts about the Analog Gauge conversion, I have compiled the following parts list and before I drop over a GRAND on gauges and harnesses, could you please tell me if I have the right parts and quantity to accomplish the task?

(1) Yamaha 6Y7-83510-10-00 Analog Speedometer 0 ~ 75
    (2) Yamaha 6Y7-83540-90-00 Pro Series II Tachometer
    (2) Yamaha 6Y7-83503-10-00 Voltage Meter Pro Series II White Face
    (2) Yamaha 6Y7-83670-50-00 Trim Meter Pro Series II White Face

(2) 2005 and Later Trim and Oil Harness 6Y5-83653-10-00
    (2) Dual Fuse Gauge Harness 6Y5-83553-N0-00
    (2) 6Y5-82521-00-00 yellow lead
    (2) 6Y5-82149-00-00 blue lead
    (2) 68F-82553-90-00 trim/oil harness
    (2) 6Y5-82117-00-00 black lead
    (2) 6Y5-81950-00-00 Relay Assembly

Thank you, Joe
    Last edited by Joediveguy; 07-06-2016, 11:51 AM. Reason: Typo

If you have Yamaha digital display gauges why do you think that you will need new trim/oil and dual fuse gauge harnesses for use with the Yamaha analog gauges that you mention? Or, are you just wanting to upgrade the wire harnesses with new ones?

With the 6Y7-83540-90-00 tachometer I don't think that you need the relay assembly. Why do you think this is required?

Was your source data just stuff that you found on the inner webs or have you gotten data from official Yamaha data or perhaps a dealer? If all you have is from the inner web, I would drop back and re-think the situation. Stuff on the inner web a lot of times is specific to certain model engines and certain model gauges. Many have gone down the wrong path in thinking that what worked for one fellow will work for them. They failed to consider all of the differences.

A complete model identity for your motors would be helpful.

Comment

I pulled this information from boating sites, to include this one. I have heard that different wiring harnesses are needed to connect the analog gauges into the existing harness. No, I have not yet checked with a Yamaha mechanic yet. Still in the research phase.

My motors are Yamaha L200TXRQ’s One Left hand and one right hand.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I would go back with the two 6y5 tachs and the digital speedo.
        gives all the visual indicates and no additional holes will be needed.
        you may need the harness adapter for the tachs.
        the 6y5 tach will have to be set for two stroke,12 pole and 3 wire trim sender.

will be cheaper and no additional holes.

Comment

If you go with the two light tachometer I don't think the relay is needed. If you use the three light tachometer then the relay is needed. You have indicated that you plan to use the two light tachometer, which provides less functionality than the three light tachometer and the digital display multi-function gauge.

All that I see you needing is an adapter harness that converts the two connectors at the end of your trim/oil harness to one connector.

How about taking some good quality digital photographs of your current trim/oil connectors and letting me take a look at them. Disconnect them from the trim/oil harness and make sure that the wire colours are visible.

Comment

engine and harness connectors made prior to 1995 were round.
            tachs,engines and harness's 1995 and later were square.
            1 adapter for each there.
            the 2.6L until 2001 used a 3 wire trim sender.
            very early 80's stuff actually used a 4 wire sender.

Comment

Working...
            X