Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

So I got a new to me boat with twin Yamaha F225 2004. My surveyor ran to boat with no issues. Had some work done to both of them when I got it back to my hometown and they ran them for 7 miles no issue. I get the boat back and the very first attempt to get up on plane and port engine spits sputters and backfires. So I pull her back to 2000 rpms and it ran ok. Played with a few things just poking around take it back out and it ran fine. Next day take it for a 36 mile ride both engines run great until i get to a 6 mph zone still run great thru the 7-10 min of the zone then when trying to get up on plane the port engine will only turn up to 2400 rpms push throttle more rpm go down even more.Took it out 3 more times long ride 24 mile and 22 mile ran great until i hit that 7-10 min 6 mph zone and exact same thing happens port engine will not turn up. All new fuel water/ VST/ F filter/ Canister filter. And new air vent filter the small 1 inch one at front of the engine. Any one ever had this i cant find any info on the exact issue.

do you have gauges that would tell you if there was an overheat alarm?
    do the lights and the buzzer work as it should when an overheat happens?

could be the PRV is sticking open and block of motor is not filling up all the way at low RPM do to too much water draining out the PRV

Comment

Yes it has the gauges and no alarms going off. The tell tale pee hole is only warm a best would that be hot if overheating?

Comment

no, that is just an indicator that the water pump is pumping, that water does not go thru the motor so it will not indicate if motor is running hot.

I would test the buzzer to make sure it will sound.
        and test to see if the over temp lights work too
        Last edited by 99yam40; 07-28-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Thank you. I will test and report back the findings and hope the fix too.

Comment

Working...
          X