F9.9 4 Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F9.9 4 Stroke

I hope someone can tell me the oil drain plug size on a 2017 4 stroke F9.9 Yamaha. I searched the previous threads and only find the listed size for the larger engines.
    The diameter and thread information would be very helpful. It would be an all-day project to take the boat out, drain the oil then take the plug to town in order to find the information. I did call the Yamaha dealer, but they couldn't help. They could order a replacement plug, but had no idea what size it was.
    Thanks
    Al

why do you need the info?

most just suck the oil out instead of draining .
    it keeps people from messing up and cross threading it or pulling threads

Comment

Tough question I guess.

Comment

Not a tough question at all. Just something that 99.999% of Yamaha owners would not care about. I could be low on that percentage by the way.

The part number may hold part of the answer.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 1 week ago.

Comment

An older post from 2015 has the drain plug as 14MM

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Not a tough question at all. Just something that 99.999% of Yamaha owners would not care about. I could be low on that percentage by the way.

The part number may hold part of the answer.
            Thank you, I did guess from the part number that the size was 10mm, but I didn't know if it was a 1.0 or 1.5. Being an older person, I can look at a US bolt and tell the size and thread. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
              An older post from 2015 has the drain plug as 14MM
              Older F9.9's did use a 14mm plug. Later ones do not. Yam likes to keep us guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Older F9.9's did use a 14mm plug. Later ones do not. Yam likes to keep us guessing.
                Guess the original poster's 2017 would make it a " later" model and a different drain plug?....guess Yamaha doesn't care about standardized predictability?

Comment

Working...
                X