Duel Fuel Management System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duel Fuel Management System

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a Yamaha duel Fuel Management Gauge. There's a wiring harness for the senders, but also about 6-7 wires on the back of the gauge. Does anyone have experience installing one of these gauges and know how the wires should be connected?

Here's a link to the only instructions I have on the FMS unit : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ementMeter.jpg .

The wiring is color coded to match the rest of the Yamaha harness.

Yellow = Hot w/ignition ON
    Black = Ground
    Blue = Lights (usually wired with Nav lights...)
    Red = Hot anytime battery switch is ON

What are some of the other colors you're seeing in the wiring?

Mike........ Miami, FL

Comment

I sent you the Installation guide that I have hope it helps.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. The guide Boat.net sent has all the information I needed.

Comment

Hello

How did your fuel management gauge installation go? I'm thinking of doing the same and wanted to know if you feel if it was worth the price.
          Thanks and happy fishing.

Comment

Hey there guys just got me new kevlar cat with twin 150s went out for the first time today and ran out of fuelo 20 meters into my trip. the Fuel gauge said it was full and its still showing full i took it back the servo and she took 400 liters. I opened up the helm box where all the gauges are and found two wires one marked starb tank and the other marked Port tank. Boat.net could you please send me that drawing as i am a sparky by trade i would like to see if i could hook it up myself or do i need to take her into the boat shop. Cheers for your help people........the model number for my gauge is this if it helps please people 6YR-W0035-E0-00
            i so should be in the water and not here on the computer

Comment

Wetcat
              Yes I will send the installation guide. If you have 2 fuel tanks then you need to install a 3 way(on-off-on) toggle switch because you can't connect 2 fuel senders to 1 fuel gauge. Connect the port fuel sender wire( or starboard wire) to top post on toggle switch and other fuel sender wire to bottom post on toggle then connect white wire on speedometer in center post on toggle switch. When the switch switched to bottom position the fuel gauge will read fuel level in port tank and when switch is in up position it read starboard tank.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks Boat.net for your help mate its appreciated ill wait for your email .
                Cheers Mick H
                mikeharfield@hotmail.com
                i so should be in the water and not here on the computer

Comment

Boat.net is there anyway I can get a copy of this wiring diagram? I am replacing the old fuel management gauge after previous owner unplugged the old one, so trying to sort out where all wires plug in. This is for dual 2001 yamaha 200hpdi. Thanks
                  Krazykmainor@yahoo.com

Comment

Here is wiring diagram,
                    FMM_Wiring.pdf
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you very much for the information. That helps out a great deal

Comment

Working...
                      X