F115 Chirp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 Chirp

I have an 06 F115 and it periodically does that chirping sound that so many people have experienced on here. I have read that one way to confirm that the bushing in the lower unit is the problem is to spray a lubricant down the shaft. Btw I know this isn't the fix.
    I had a look at mine and I can't see where to spray it. Could someone give me some direction as to where to spray A picture would be great
    Thx in advance

Spraying is useless, however, if you can see the drive shaft, thru the outside ft of the lower cowling(where the power-head is), you may be able to see the driveshaft and apply oil there..

Drop the LU, use Yamahas waterproof grease and be done with it.

*Automotive, marine grease, etc will NOT hold up in this application. Might get 2 months before it starts squeaking again

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
      Drop the LU, use Yamahas waterproof grease and be done with it.

Comment

Perfection

Just be glad it’s not an F350 chirping...

Comment

Wonder why some motors have that bushing and others don't?... My C90 doesn't have a bushing there....

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
            Wonder why some motors have that bushing and others don't?... My C90 doesn't have a bushing there....
            I'd venture to guess a longer drive shaft, to keep it from any slight wobbling / vibration.

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X