rebuild time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuild time?

My early 2000 ish TLRB is having issues ...I cleaned the carbs of a little greenish gel I suspect from ethanol after it started running a bit rough and would not get up on plane like it was running on two cylinders.I took it back out and same issue.. cleaned the carbs again just to make sure.I checked the compression and 90-95 in top cylinder and 100 in the other two .Would the compression readings cause this or do I have other issues.I'm getting fuel to the carbs and the jets are clean...had this issue years ago due to stuck needle valves and replaced them to cure the problem.I changed the plugs with no change...I mostly run at low speeds running crab traps.

If I understand you correctly....ran rough and you pulled/cleaned carbs and found green gel. Reinstalled carbs and still ran rough. Pulled/cleaned carbs again. Reinstalled carbs and still running rough. Sound right?

Did you pull all jets and clear each one? Time and sync after reinstall? What HP?
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Do you have a fuel/water seperater cartridge type filter on the transom?....sounds like you may have some water/contaminated fuel problems that keep returning after carb cleanings...

Comment

Working...
      X