S175TXRW. Oil transfer pump stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S175TXRW. Oil transfer pump stopped working

My alarm went off for low oil on engine tank, tank oil pump did not fill and the emergency switch would not fill engine tank. Any suggestions for diagnosis of pump failure or wiring sensors? I was able to add oil to engine tank and engine runs without alarm, but nothing working on oil tank pump.

If the toggle switch does not turn on the remote tank pump it is not a sensor.

It could be the pump, it could be power supply to the pump, ground wiring from the pump. If the pump runs but no oil is flowing it could be a clogged strainer or a kinked oil hose.

Comment

What is the wiring to check the pump with directly connecting to the battery ? Black negative ground? Does the tank have a strainer ?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckydog210 View Post
        What is the wiring to check the pump with directly connecting to the battery ? Black negative ground? Does the tank have a strainer ?
        The pump and tank were replaced, still no pump action! So can anyone explain the power wiring to the pump, any test to check and trace power to the remote pump? How many connectors should I check for power wiring to the pump? All comments and help are welcome. When does the engine oil tank refill it’s self? Now half way between the marks..

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          If the toggle switch does not turn on the remote tank pump it is not a sensor.

It could be the pump, it could be power supply to the pump, ground wiring from the pump. If the pump runs but no oil is flowing it could be a clogged strainer or a kinked oil hose.
          The pump and tank were replaced, still no pump action! So can anyone explain the power wiring to the pump, any test to check and trace power to the remote pump? How many connectors should I check for power wiring to the pump? All comments and help are welcome. When does the engine oil tank refill it’s self? Now half way between the marks..

Comment

Usually the problem with a known good pump not running with the toggle switch pressed is the harness from the motor to the pump. Specifically the brown wire (battery voltage) and/or the blue wire (ground from the toggle switch).
            zpbshar.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Usually the problem with a known good pump not running with the toggle switch pressed is the harness from the motor to the pump. Specifically the brown wire (battery voltage) and/or the blue wire (ground from the toggle switch).
              zpbshar.jpg
              Boscoe ain’t lying...the oil harness was the culprit of my oil pump transfer issue. And there ain’t no replacing one bad wire. Gotta replace the harness, which ain’t cheap. Remember that Boscoe?...you helped me troubleshoot that some years ago.
              Jason
              1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
              X