Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5/16" Barb (8mm) MALE Fuel Line Connector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/16" Barb (8mm) MALE Fuel Line Connector?

1.) I'm trying to find a Yamaha Fuel Line connector, to support 5/16" (8mm I assume) fuel line barb, in the MALE format. I can find 6mm barb and I can find with a metal NPT type connection.
    2.) Is my boat just rigged strangely? It has a 5/16" line running from separator at back of motor that runs to inside of boat. It has a male connector on end (that I'm trying to replace in #1 above).
    3.) From Tank back to the connection point, there is a standard 5/16" Yamaha pre-fab line with a FEMALE on both ends, with a primer bulb built in. The Female of the pre-fab line has to fit to a Male. (There is male coming off the tank, but I can't find a male with 5/16" line connection for the engine side of the line.)
    4.) I do not have a separator in the boat, just the small one on back of motor.

It is 15 years old and I am replacing from tank to separator tank, but the one piece I'm missing is a Male Connector to put on the end of the hose coming from engine.

Any suggestions? (I've searched on and off for days online. I don't want the 'tank' fitting. I need one I can barb into a line.)

2005 F115 TLR

Or should I just run hose straight from the primer bulb to the separator on engine, with NO connection fittings between the bulb and the separator?

Comment

what is wrong with the one on there?
      a pic of what you are looking for may help

Comment

Originally posted by fourvalv View Post
        Or should I just run hose straight from the primer bulb to the separator on engine, with NO connection fittings between the bulb and the separator?
        If do-able W/O much issue and done correctly, they'd be one less joint for potential failure / leak.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

why doing: existing line was 15 years old, making sure I have good line from tank to engine

Comment

as I said, why replace the fitting that is there, was not talking about the hose

Comment

Working...
            X