Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 F115 Temperature Gauge Flash at High RPM (no buzzer, no engine reduction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briankruz View Post
    I put it in gear & manually pressed the shift position switch & got the blinking temp light plus an alarm. .
    An audible alarm? the warning horn sounded?

Comment

I would go to your local Yamaha shop and ask what would cause that light to blink

might find a manual for that gauge and read to see if it will say something about it

Comment

I've been trying like hell to blow this photo up, but it's just too blurry. Anyway you can post it larger?
        Disregard, tried to enlarge the pic, didn't work..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

what would cause the temp light to blink with or even without the buzzers?
          they have said both

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

Yes. Warning horn

Comment

I replaced the shift position switch which cleared the irregular signal from the YDS. Took the boat for another spin. Real overheat: Blinking light, rpm reduction, & even some white smoke/steam. Shut it down as soon as it was safe to do so. Now when I start it it does not piss. When I hookup the hose to the flush port it does piss.. Plan to pull it out, drop & inspect the water pump/impeller which I assume is cooked. Nearing the end of my rope. Likely heading in for service depending on what I find.

Comment

Per your first post, was the WP replaced BEFORE the issue started?

Or did the issue arise AFTER the install... Kinda sounding now like the install may be the issue...
                Scott

Comment

Hey BrianKruz been trying to repost that pic but I can’t get it any larger- when I try it’s just really blurry...

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    Per your first post, was the WP replaced BEFORE the issue started?

Or did the issue arise AFTER the install... Kinda sounding now like the install may be the issue...
                    WP was replaced before this started, but I ran the boat quite a bit before any issues presented. I confirmed today that it was installed correctly. That being said.. the impeller was damaged & the housing was melted. Was told this may be from me running salt away through on my shitty muffs. I plan to sea trial tomorrow. Will report back.

Comment

Salt Away won't damage the WP, not enough water (leaky muffs), of course will..

Good luck on the sea trial..

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        Salt Away won't damage the WP, not enough water (leaky muffs), of course will..

Good luck on the sea trial..

Thanks & yes I was more so pointing out that I've been running on muffs which I rarely do since its a 4S. They are no doubt crap muffs that I picked up at a marine flea market. That's what I get for being cheap..

Comment

Seatrial was successful in a way. No real overheat, but the temp light remains blinking. I verified the thermostat was open when I returned to the dock. It also closed fully.

Comment

Boat goes in to the shop on Friday. Will update on what they find.

Comment

Seatrial was successful in a way. No real overheat, but the temp light remains blinking. I verified the thermostat was open when I returned to the dock. It also closed fully.
                              There's a dip switch on the back of the tachometer. I would think that needs to be adjusted, or the tach itself needs to be replaced.
                              2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

Boat is still there (island time).. Hopefully will have it Monday-Tuesday. Problem ended up being the oil pump. They had to pull the powerhead to replace it. They say the team was going off at high RPMs because the oil wasn't reaching the top of the motor effectively. That would explain the oil light alarm at startup.

Comment

Working...
                                X