Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 NMEA and advise

Hi!

Have a friend that yesterday bought a 2007 63P F150AET L that match with US F150TLR and he would like to know what is part # to connect the motor with a Lowrance HDS Touch 7 GEN2 and where the NMEA 2000 is connected on the motor.

Not sure if motor/gauges have command link.
    Lowrance provides a cable for non command link 000-0120-37

http://store.navico.com/Products/000-0120-37

The motor have 520h and had maintenance at 500h

Any recommendation or something to have special care with?
    Last edited by almetelo; 02-12-2015, 07:52 AM.

In the front of the engine pan you will find the Yamaha Command Link/NMEA 2000 connector. It will have a cap on it. Photo below shows the connector with the cap removed.

The Lowrance harness will plug into the Yamaha connector at one end and to an NMEA 2000 network at the other end. The NMEA 2000 network will be connected to the chart plotter.

In the vicinity of the Yamaha connector you will also find two single pin connectors that will be taped together with yellow tap. Those two connectors get plugged together so that trim data is provided to the ECU so that it is then sent out to the chart plotter via the Command Link connector.

Also shown is a diagram that shows the completed network.

Comment

Boscoe... Excelent!

Thanks

Comment

I hooked up my Garmin 740s to the motor and it has been awesome, but I didn't know about the 2 wires with the yellow tape for the trim.(I know there is a trim angle gauge on my chart plotters display, but I didn't know how to get that reading)..I will have to give that a try...THANKS!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi!

Today we have been testing the motor on the boat which is a Karnic Bluewater 190 and does 37knots with 2 persons at 5500rpm's WOT (5600rpm's all trimmed out) 1/3 of fuel tank and no gear, prop is a 17pitch.
          The motor is very powerfull and the fuel consumption is sympathetic +/- 20L/h or +/- 5 gal/h at 3500 rpm's 1L for 1.07NM or 0.28gal for 1.07NM
          Cruze at 3100rpm´s but the best is at 3500rpm.

Now a few questions:

When slow down quickly (move the throttle back) almost to neutral sometimes the motor shut down, what can cause this?

When the 2 pink wires are connected to have info about the trim angle on chartplotter the trim scale on gauge change
          Ex: lets say trim angle on gauge is on #3, then when the 2 pink wires are connected without move the trim angle the gauge show trim scale completely full and just start to low when motor is almost down while before showed a wide trim angle on the gauge.
          The trim scale on chartplotter doesn´t seems to be very accurate as as a little movement change a lot the angle percentage.

Any thoughts?

Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxlv...ature=youtu.be
          Last edited by almetelo; 02-22-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

A trim sender cannot accurately support two devices at the same time. Figure out where trim indication is more important to you (trim gauge or the chart plotter) and then either connect the two pink wires or not.

You can't have it both ways.

Let's wait to see what boltman sez about the stalling issue.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              A trim sender cannot accurately support two devices at the same time. Figure out where trim indication is more important to you (trim gauge or the chart plotter) and then either connect the two pink wires or not.

You can't have it both ways.

Let's wait to see what boltman sez about the stalling issue.
              No reply from rodbolt so I am going to suggest that the IAC valve/ISC valve is the culprit.

Comment

I suggest reading the 13 or so pages that I posted with high sierra back about 2010.
                even more if it stalls when slowly moving the throttle just off idle.

what your looking for after reading that long post.
                your commanded ISC % in the 42-46% range.

typically out of the box its in the 65% range.

Comment

here you go http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...0-th15195.html

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    Before my time here at boats.net. That was a painful read.

I knew John at Yamaha. John was no friend of mine. John was in a job that he hated. John was a ****head actually.
                    Last edited by boscoe99; 02-25-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

thats was a lllooonnnggg post and even more lllooonnnggg fix... but happens on other manufacturers, auto industry etc etc

For now motor just have +/- 3h on my buddy hands and motor did that a couple of times but if the problem presists or increase we already know where to have a look.

Thanks!

About the trim if the rpm's work on both gauges and chartplotter it should work correctely on the trim either (just my thought)

The motor doesn´t have command link gauges, it does have a 6Y5-8350T-83 tach and a 6Y5-83570-S5 speedometer, a possible error codes coming from motor will be displayed on these gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
                        thats was a lllooonnnggg post and even more lllooonnnggg fix... but happens on other manufacturers, auto industry etc etc

For now motor just have +/- 3h on my buddy hands and motor did that a couple of times but if the problem presists or increase we already know where to have a look.

Thanks!

About the trim if the rpm's work on both gauges and chartplotter it should work correctely on the trim either (just my thought) Unfortunately, it does not work that way.

The motor doesn´t have command link gauges, it does have a 6Y5-8350T-83 tach and a 6Y5-83570-S5 speedometer, a possible error codes coming from motor will be displayed on these gauges?
                        A -83 tachometer will indicate low oil pressure or engine over temperature only in the form of flashing bars. The horn will sound, the motor will go into RPM reduction mode, and the tachometer bars will start flashing.

Comment

Hi Boscoe!

I asked because I know some motors/gauges will show a code error number displayed on gauges on possible fault but doesn't seems to be the case.

Thanks

Comment

Command Link tachometers (6Y8 or 6Y9) will show actual codes. A conventional multi-function tachometer (the -83, a 6Y5) will not.

Comment

Working...
                            X