60tlrz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60tlrz

Afternoon chaps, A while back a helpful member sent me a link to a work shop manual for my engine giving expected voltages and resistances at CDI wiring and sensors.
    But cannot find the link anywhere !
    Anybody have a link
    60HP 6H2
    US number is TLRZ I believe
    Thank you

Just an update chaps
    I spent the afternoon messing about with a 4 channel oscilloscope and hooked up all 3 output wires from the cdi to the coils and 1 and 3 are over 200v (max on my meter) and 2 was barely making 10volts !
    rodbolt17 did mention in a post many years back that this engine uses the pulser coil to fire 1 and 3 but CYL 2 is made up by the cdi and crankshaft position sensor.
    So if 1 and 3 are ok then I am right to assume that the CDI is goosed inside ?

Comment

do a web search for CDI ELECTRONICS
      they make some aftermarket CDI s for different makes of motors and have some troubleshooting guides for different makes

Comment

Thanks 99yam40 I will give them a ring this morning
        I am just going through all the sensors again and checking them against manufacturer specs which I found here https://folk.uio.no/froder/v60/stuff...8197_Z9_11.pdf
        Just trying to get my head around why 1 & 3 are switched by the CPS but no 2 by the pulser coil which happens to be the cylinder which is not firing.

Comment

I have no idea how your 60 is set up , but my C40 has 3 pulser coils one for each cylinder.
          I have read about the 90 having 2 pulser coils for 1 & 3. maybe your 60 is the same.
          if #2 needs the CPS signal I would look hard at that
          good inputs to CDI but bad out put, may mean a problem with the CDI

Comment

Working...
          X