No announcement yet.

Turd Fuel Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It now runs like a string trimmer on meth. 55-5600. I'll try and repost in the future if it acts up. I will be anxious to see the intake screen the next time I have to tear into the VST.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought these. They showed up in the mail today and I am quite pleased with them. They have MUCH more suction than my Yamaha and other aftermarket bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought these. They showed up in the mail today and I am quite pleased with them. They have MUCH more suction than my Yamaha and other aftermarket bulbs.
        I wondered about Oldmako. Damn pitiful that ethanol is all he can get for his sled. All the boats in VA???

Comment

Hi,Just had the same problem with mine bogging down and losing power. I thought it was the fuel connector not sitting square and letting air into the fuel lines so I purchased a new connector. When it took the old one off there was bits of what I thought varnish in the line but it turned out to be the liner breaking down. New fuel lines and primer bulb just in case that had bits of liner inside.
          Checked filter bowl and sure enough bits of liner in there, the filter had very fine particles in-between the veins, so cleaned out and new filter ordered. Next we thought about checking the inline filter so pulled the hose above it off and cranked the engine which resulted in hardly any fuel getting passed the filter, took the filter off cranked the engine and the fuel gassed out when engine cranked.
          Could blow through the filter on way but not the other so decided to cut it open only to find the basket filter inside totally blocked with what I would describe as gold dust - which must be micro particles of hose liner.
          So today the new filters arrived and fitted and now runs like a dream so well happy, going to run it with injector cleaner in the fuel tomorrow just in case they are slightly pitted.

Comment

Hi just an update from yesterdays fishing trip, ran like a dream no issues at all.
            So hopefully fixed with the new parts we put on.

Comment

Update...

I have never had crud in the Racor filters. So the lines from the tank can be assumed OK.

I have never had crud in the engine first stage filter, the one on the front of the engine prior to the VST. So the lines from the Racor TO the first stage (engine) filter can be assumed OK.

The only place the crud shows up is in the VST High-Pressure pump intake screen. So the crud in the High-Pressure Pump intake screen is most likely coming from the lines downstream of the high-pressure pump that supplies the injectors. The excess feed from these lines is returned to the VST.

Ethanol-free fuel is damn near impossible to find here. The last place I found it was a Millers that wanted $8/gallon for it. My boat carries 250 gallons and burns about 20 gallons per hour. You do the math. It's almost impossible to run E10 free fuel here.
              Last edited by oldmako69; 07-31-2020, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X