F90TLR - 2009, Battery issues? R/R issue? - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90TLR - 2009, Battery issues? R/R issue? - Help

Hello - before getting into it.. I am not well versed in boat electronics.

Two weeks ago we took our boat out, got to the fishing spot and cut it off. After about two hours of only running the radio it would not crank back over. Thought I had a bad battery, so I replaced that once I was back home.

I've gone out three times with no issues since. When I'm home I turn all switches to off and make sure the battery switch is turned to off as well.

This morning I did my test start at home and it would not crank - showed only 8 volts on the dash.

Not really sure where to start looking - Please let me know before I start in the wrong direction.

Thanks in advance.

do you have a start and house battery?
    or just one battery?

1st thing I would do would be to charge the battery up fully and load test it just to make sure it is not bad also

If it drained while the battery switch was turned to off, then see what is hooked up to the battery that the bat switch does not turn off.
    maybe a bilge pump
    Last edited by 99yam40; 07-13-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

The radio (stereo I'm assuming), to remember the stations programmed, also has a separate line, ALWAYS hot (NOT switched).

The bilge pump (or separate bilge switch) , as noted, would be the first thing I'd be checking. Especially with the battery running down in about two hours...

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by chapmanmac View Post
        After about two hours of only running the radio it would not crank back over. Not really sure where to start looking
        No need to go looking for the issue....you've named it right here ^^^. You're running power to accessories (radio/lights/bilge/etc) from your cranking battery. No bueno. Get yourself a 2nd 12v (house) battery. Run accessory loads from it thereby isolating the cranking battery.
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
        X