new auxiliary tilt and trim switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new auxiliary tilt and trim switch

Wish to install a new auxiliary tilt and trim switch on my 1997 C40TLRV on the lower cover, motor has inside bracket mounts and wiring in place. Ready to drill, really need tips on locating the correct pilot hole location on outside of cover, knowing I only have one chance to get it right. Help is appreciated.

I am confused. The Yam parts catalog shows that the C40TLRV came with a lower cowling mounted trim and tilt switch.

1997 C40TLRV Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 (ELECTRIC START) Diagram and Parts

Please confirm that you have a C40TLRV. What is the complete engine ID?
    Last edited by boscoe99; 02-03-2015, 11:16 PM.

Comment

trim and tilt auxiliary witch

Thanks for your reply. The engine is C40TLRV with the tag showing a seperate note of 6H4 and serial of 921487 W, all this on the engine tag. The tilt is operated from the control lever button and the lower cowling has bracket location and wiring, but the switch was never installed, nor a hole drilled. Perhaps it was some cost saving procedure. I have the parts, now need to drill the hole. Thanks.

Comment

Got it.

I would look at the Yamaha illustration and drill the hole as close to the hole that is shown in the illustration as I could. First making sure that the engine harness connector is going to be adjacent to the hole of course.

But before that I would connect the new switch to the engine harness connector and make sure that the complete system is operational before drilling into the cowling.

Here is one more view.

1997 C40PLRV Yamaha Outboard BOTTOM COWLING Diagram and Parts

Comment

Working...
        X