LX250 OX66 2002 surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX250 OX66 2002 surging

I have a 2002 LX250 OX66 that shut down while trying to get on plane. I was able to run slowly back to the dock.
    i cleaned the filter on the high pressure pump
    I cleaned the screen on the pressure regulator
    I cleaned the O2 sensor and replaced the gaskets
    i replaced the 3 LP pumps
    i replaced the fuel filter on the motor
    I replaced all fuel lines and ball
    i replaced the fuel water separator
    I replaced the injectors
    I replaced the spark plugs
    i calibrated the TPS
    both batteries are reading 12.6 volts with or without the motor running. I always keep a tender on it to charge the batteries. Charging circuit does not work

I tried to post a video but it’s not working It says unknown error. Just like my motor.

You changed a lot of things. When the motor stopped running did you check the vst for fuel? Also test the pressure from the vst...

Comment

Like its been stated here before have someone squeeze the primer ball when the motor starts to die.

Comment

I have 35 psi at the vst. I have squeezed the ball while running. I have a mechanic coming this morning. I’m thinking stator

Comment

lighting coil or RR bad would keep the batteries from charging.
          have you checked to make sure your batteries are good.
          load test them.
          not sure how low the voltage has to get before the ECU says shut it all down

Comment

Batteries are new. And the regulator is bad. But the surging and popping is terrible. Running on a hose and in a drum. Mechanic has been at it for about 4 hours. He’s taking a lunch break and getting a vacuum pump and gauge. But he is stumped so far. I would like to post a video but it doesn’t work. If any of you pros wants to give an email address. I can send it

Comment

Upload your video to YouTube and post the link.

Comment

Motor is fixed. TPS was the problem. Calibrated fine with key on and engine off. But with engine running. It read 4.3 volts in neutral and would not adjust..I will do the YouTube thing. Thanks sally

Comment

Comment

Comment

Test test test

Comment

I see an alarm on your gauge flashing and NO water from the engine..??

Are you on muff's?
                        Scott
                        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yes that light has been blinking for 2 years. My speedo has the correct over temp light on it. And yes. Running with the ears on. Today we had it in a tub This was a tough one to figure out

Comment

Working...
                          X