Engine off, clicking in neutral spinning forward and in reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine off, clicking in neutral spinning forward and in reverse

So yesterday I came off the water and had to clean some grass off my prop. As I was spinning the prop, I noticed a clicking noise coming from the area where the impeller would be located. It would click while spinning it clockwise and counter clockwise, almost as if it was engaging and had slack in it. I have not done anything to the engine prior to this happening. Thoughts? Is this something I should be worried about?

no one but you knows what motor you are talking about

Comment

This is true my apologies. I have a 2006 Yamaha 25hp esh

Comment

With limited information on the reason the grass was there and why? possibly you could have picked up some mud,sand, etc. as well, that could be there causing sound? you could have damaged impeller with the debris if this happened? How does the water flow from engine running? does it indicate a good stream? if not, in any case I would still check the impeller.

Comment

Okay thank you. I have not checked the stream because I didn’t notice it until I was out of the water. It was strong before leaving for the lake. The grass I picked up was like grass beds on the bottom of the lake. I’ll be sure to do that. Thank you again.

Comment

spinning a prop will not move the water pump.

need to turn the motor and drive shaft to do that.
            shifter not set properly maybe and clutch dogs clicking against the gears

Comment

Working...
            X