No announcement yet.

06 f225 TXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That won't be hard to reach once there plenum is pulled.

Comment

That won't be hard to get to once the plenum is out of the way.

Comment

plenum = cowling maybe
        anyway that is what my mind came up with

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          plenum = cowling maybe
          Technical word for the plenum would be the "silencer". In automotive it is an intake plenum.

Comment

So I finally took it to the mechanic and he found that the replacement vst filter had a factory defect. It had some sort of film over the screen. It didn't react to any cleaners but it was clearly there. There screen wasn't visibly dirty. The only way to tell was by holding it up next to another new one. The difference was crazy, no shapes could be made out through the one I installed but shapes were clear through the one the mechanic had. It was hard to pay him to look at it but I was at the end of my rope with it. Guess that is why he gets paid to fix them and I get paid to do something else LOL

Comment

my brother has always said he can work overtime and pay someone else to do the jobs he is not good at.
              I myself never fell into that way of thinking, I want to find what was wrong and fix things myself.
              but then I have gotten good at fixing things over the last 68 years
              ​​​​​​Just the way I am wired

by the way monitoring the rail pressure should have pointed to the VST
              \ I jus went back on read some of the thread again, that screen did not have a defect, something in your fuel system had tp plug it up.
              no way the motor would run good on a different tank with a cleaner in it if that was from the factory
              Last edited by 99yam40; 08-26-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I took a picture of the filter the day I installed it next to the old one that I removed. It looks exactly the same now as it did the day I installed it. It is running now so I'm going to run it. If it gives me trouble again that will be the first place I look.

Comment

Working...
                X