Serial number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number?

I'm in the process of buying a boat that has a Yamaha 200 four stroke. Doing the transfer of ownership at the port authority, they are telling me that the serial number is for a 2 stroke, not a 4 stroke. I've tried looking up the serial number charts online, but nothing seems to fit the format of the number that I have, especially because the charts seem to end with model year 2005. Can anyone help clarify?

What is on the ownership papers:
    6G6-X-numbersblablah B

What format should a 4 stroke be?
    Thanks

There is a data plate on the transom bracket with all the engine details. Have you looked there?

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
      There is a data plate on the transom bracket with all the engine details. Have you looked there?
      and does that info match what is on the paper work you got

Comment

6G6 is definitely a two stroke model.

An early F200 would have a 60L prefix.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

and does that info match what is on the paper work you got
          No sticker, either on the bracket or inside the engine. We looked both places. All we have is the serial number on the sea worthiness certificate (which is 5 years old) that says that serial number = a four stroke.
          Yes we are currently in a third world country, and yes I know the sticker is supposed to be there. Trying to deal with the hand that we have been given.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            6G6 is definitely a two stroke model.

An early F200 would have a 60L prefix.
            What about a more recent model? Would J fit anywhere in there? I'm seeing part numbers with a J in it when I lift the cover.
            Thanks

Comment

Find the brain of the motor. What are the markings?

Comment

Originally posted by CruisingLHC View Post

No sticker, either on the bracket or inside the engine. We looked both places. All we have is the serial number on the sea worthiness certificate (which is 5 years old) that says that serial number = a four stroke.
                Yes we are currently in a third world country, and yes I know the sticker is supposed to be there. Trying to deal with the hand that we have been given.
                sounds like someone is selling a stolen motor if id stickers are all gone and they list the wrong serial on paper work .
                those IDs do not all fall off without help

Comment

Working...
                X