F60TLR Bogging at higher RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60TLR Bogging at higher RPM's

I have searched google for answers but havent found anyone with symptoms quite like mine.

I have a 2006 F60TLR. The problem is getting worse with every trip.

I normally run at 3200 rpms. When the problem first started, I would be able to run 5-6 hours constantly at 3200 rpms then the motor would bog down like it was starving for fuel rpm's would drop to 600-700. i would then slack off on the throttle, for a couple of seconds and up throttle again with no problems to 3200 rpms. it would run for 10-15 minutes before it happening again. over the next few trips it would start happening more frequently and now I can only run approx 3-3.5 hours before it acts up again, during this time i can only get it to run good at around 1200-1600 rpms without it bogging down. Primer bulb always full and solid. Seems like it has to be something electrical??

I have tried running it off a portable to see if there was any changes, just to eliminate my main tank and hose connections. Running off the portable = no change. checked for vacuum leaks = none. checked for fuel leaks = none. checked fuel pressure = good. checked pulsation damper = good. took apart high pressure fuel pump everything clean, needle and seat fine. took off fuel cooler passed fuel, air and water through it, it's clean. manual fuel pump = good. Fuel filter/water seperator = no water inside took it apart = clean.

Problem happens when the motor "gets hot" (after running a few hours. Bad ECU?, Stator or pulser coil? fuel pump relay?(checked for continuity at home cold relay checked out fine)

Any Ideas?

TIA

need to be testing things when the problem shows up.
    something is changing
    sure sounds like fuel to bog like that.
    monitor rail pressure or injector on time
    spark timing is easy to test might monitor that also

computer hooked up may make it easier

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      need to be testing things when the problem shows up.
      something is changing
      sure sounds like fuel to bog like that.
      monitor rail pressure or injector on time
      spark timing is easy to test might monitor that also

computer hooked up may make it easier
      I hear you. Have to try and wait for a really nice day to come along. Unfortunately we dont have any lakes here, just lots of rough water!!

Comment

where is that?

and have you run higher RPM to see what happens?

Comment

The fuel in the lines might be boiling after running for a few hours. The fuel cooler depends on how strong the impeller is and how clear the water lines/passages are.. not just the passages inside the fuel cooler, but everything upstream and downstream. I would at least check the impeller and the thermostat. Also, it's possible that you should be getting an overheat alarm, but your sensor isn't working right.
          2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

Originally posted by rejesterd View Post
            The fuel in the lines might be boiling after running for a few hours. The fuel cooler depends on how strong the impeller is and how clear the water lines/passages are.. not just the passages inside the fuel cooler, but everything upstream and downstream. I would at least check the impeller and the thermostat. Also, it's possible that you should be getting an overheat alarm, but your sensor isn't working right.
            Impeller is good and installed the correct way. Thermostat is only months old. When I took apart the high pressure fuel pump I blew air through the water passages in the block and checked hoses for any obstructions. I have an automotive background so i just did what I would have on a cars engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              where is that?

and have you run higher RPM to see what happens?
              Hawaii. Anything over 1600 it starts to bog. Tired from there to wot, it just bogs.

Comment

well I meant running for hours above or below 3200 to see if that changed how long it took to become a problem

Comment

Working...
                X