SeaStar Engine Plate Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaStar Engine Plate Question

The seals on my SeaStar HC5345 twin engine mounted went south. While removing the the steering assembly I snapped the end bolt connecting the port engine strut. The bolt is stainless and I can't drill it out. Does anyone know if you can separate the engine plate from the piston assembly? I can't figure it out. Picture attached

While researching this I found that SeaStar has a service shop near where I live, Rose's Marine in Gloucester, Ma. I dropped off the assembly and they knew exactly what to do. Should have in back in a day or two.

Comment

Congrats. Now just for fun, go post this same exact issue over at The Hull Truth Boating section. Let us know when to go look for it. It will be worth it!

Comment

image003.jpg

I know you got it to a shop, but I received the following instructions a while back when I had to flip the plate to install a rudder angle transducer for my autopilot.

Remove #11 hex bolt

Using a longer bolt with same thread pattern, thread bolt in 3-4 threads and TAP gently.

This will remove #9, which is a knurled pin.

You will now be able to pull the pivot plate free of the cylinder and flip it over.

The bushings #17 will stay in the pivot plate.

In the HC5345 drawing below, looking at the cylinder from the front, the plate curls over the top of the bolts.
        In the HC5358 configuration, the plate curls UNDER and back. (see photo under drawing)

Tap the knurled pins back into position, make sure the #10 stem washers are installed and replace the original #11 bolts. (Torque specs on drawing)
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by striperstan View Post
          image003.jpg

I know you got it to a shop, but I received the following instructions a while back when I had to flip the plate to install a rudder angle transducer for my autopilot.

Remove #11 hex bolt

Using a longer bolt with same thread pattern, thread bolt in 3-4 threads and TAP gently.

This will remove #9, which is a knurled pin.

You will now be able to pull the pivot plate free of the cylinder and flip it over.

The bushings #17 will stay in the pivot plate.

In the HC5345 drawing below, looking at the cylinder from the front, the plate curls over the top of the bolts.
          In the HC5358 configuration, the plate curls UNDER and back. (see photo under drawing)

Tap the knurled pins back into position, make sure the #10 stem washers are installed and replace the original #11 bolts. (Torque specs on drawing)
          Thanks for that. I wish I had this a few days earlier. I got the assembly back from Rose's, wasn't a big hit to the wallet, only $85.00..

pstephevns46, I tend to stay away from The Hull Truth when it comes to things like this. The people here are much nicer and more trustworthy :-)

Comment

Working...
          X