Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L150XTRT runs great on land but not water!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

if OP would have pressurized the cylinder with compressed air like doing a leak down test would have said if it was a head gasket leaking into another cylinder and coming out the other plug hole.
    too late now
    Yepper, I posted that, ^^^, yesterday (post #30).

Time will tell, nothing $ can't fix!

Worse case scenario, as noted above, disassemble and punch out that cylinder.

A leak down test, after assembly (if compression is still low), would help decide if the second low cylinder needs attention as well..

Fingers crossed for the op!

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Took a measurement of the cylinder seem to be close. Batteries are dead so I could get digital reading.
      Screenshot_20200702-193324_Gallery.jpg
      As far as I can think of testing wise, I'm ready to pit it back together and see if I raised the compression at all.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JDWOODBURN33 View Post
        Took a measurement of the cylinder seem to be close. Batteries are dead so I could get digital reading.
        Screenshot_20200702-193324_Gallery.jpg
        As far as I can think of testing wise, I'm ready to pit it back together and see if I raised the compression at all.
        Sorry sir, but you cannot measure cylinder bores like that. You will need a set of telescoping snap guages and a working set of good vernier calipers, or better, a micrometer to measure the snap gage. A machine shop will probably use a proper bore Guage. Close is only good in horse shoes not cylinder bores.

Anyway nothing to lose putting it back together and giving it a try. Maybe your rings were stuck. Did you try soaking them to free them up.?

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X