Please help with Trim Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with Trim Meter

Hello everybody I’ll try to make this as short as I can. Since my father bought his 07 F90 Yamaha new the trim meter has read in the fully up position. He had tried a couple things but pretty much gave up on it. I’m borrowing his boat soon and I’d like to get it working. Google tells me to check the little plastic Tab that the sensor arm rides on. Boom it was broken so I replaced it with a hose clamp which people say works better anyways. Well it still wouldn’t work so I manually ran the sensor arm up and down while watching the display and it doesn’t change at all. I traced the wires under the hood and found a connector. I unplugged it and used my multi meter to confirm the sensor is working. I can’t remember the Ohms right now but I think it was like around 300-almost 0 with no dead spots. I figured it’s probably ok. Anyways I little more research tells me I can do a Trim Meter relearn through the display with the engine in the down position. So I did that and now the meter reads all the way down with no change when I run the engine all the way up or down. Lol. So I’m kinda stumped here?? Knowing me I’m probably missing something simple. Lol. Anyways any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you have a "Trim Meter relearn through the display "
    then you have a Command Link gauge -
    are the two pink wires in the front of the engine pan
    connected to each other?

or still unconnected - like this:

Comment

No the pink wire is plugged into a Dead end connector. Should it be? Thanks

Comment

Connected the pink wires and did re learn. Working great now. Thanks a ton. I never would of figured that out!

Comment

Working...
        X