2001 Yamaha 200HP 2 Stroke, no water flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha 200HP 2 Stroke, no water flow

Took our boat out yesterday for the first time this year. I noticed after being out for a while that there was no water flowing out of the pee hole. We babied it off and on to come back with no issues.

I've checked the hole for blockage and it seems clear. While on the water I was able to blow back through the hose really hard and you'd get a little water flow out for a second or two then it stopped, I think I was just creating enough pressure to push some out that was trapped. I pulled the bottom end off assuming the impeller, but once that was apart it seems like that portion would be fine? If I shoot compressed air up the tube, you do get some air flow out of the pee hole, but there's a ton of back pressure where your sealing the tube off with your fingers.

Does all of that sound normal and I should just replace the impeller anyway? (speaking of impellers, it's not wanting to come off the shaft while even prying on it like crazy) Wasn't sure if a broken thermostat can create zero water flow or not?

Thanks!
    Mike
Working...
X