Strange Spark Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Spark Issue

Good morning everyone! I am looking for some help trouble shooting my old 2 stroke.

I have a 2001 115TXRZ that is dealing with an ignition problem. It will only fire consistently on one bank at a time. Most of the time it receives good spark on cylinders 1 and 3, and either no spark, or highly intermittent spark on clyinders 2 and 4. Occasionally the problem will flip flop and send spark to 2 and 4 at which point 1 and 3 have no spark. All of this has been verified with a timing light.

The coils and wires ohms test just fine. I have also ohms tested the stator and both pulser coils according to the older service manual I have and they are with in spec.

Has anyone experienced this before? Do I need to acquire a PVA to further test the pulser coils and stator?

Thank you for any help or input!
    Last edited by swalt5118; 06-05-2020, 09:06 AM.

I forgot to add, I borrowed a known good CDI from my buddy's boat and the issue did not change a bit.

Comment

I would think taking peak voltage readings of the inputs and out puts of the CDI would lead you in the proper direction.

Comment

Working...
      X