2004 F50 vibrating around half throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F50 vibrating around half throttle

I've recently bought a 2004 F50 TLRC and it is generally in good condition, takes a couple tries on startup but always starts, a little rough on the idle but generally sounds good, and at full throttle seems very happy. But at half throttle and a little above it has considerable vibration, it doesn't seem catastrophic but it is to the point where it doesn't seem wise to keep it at that vibration heavy RPM range.

I just replaced the spark plugs with no change except that it idles a little better. The old spark plugs had notable carbon buildup on them but I don't know how long it had been since they were replaced. Oil and oil filter were changed just before I bought it two months ago. The previous owner wasn't sure when the problem began and said he never really noticed it but it has been that way since I got it.

Any ideas on what to inspect or try next in fixing this? Could it be related to the propeller, I'm not 100% sure it is the right size and pitch? Or maybe it isn't getting enough air at mid-throttle?
    Last edited by clifgray; 06-04-2020, 11:43 AM.
Working...
X