Yamaha 70 fuel delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 70 fuel delivery

Through series of unfortunate events last weekend I now have a motor that doesn’t 2001 70 that doesn’t want to act right. Long story short the rubber keeper for the oil cap got sucked into the top carb, the rubber disk on the end ended up in the carb, (motor was NOT running when it broke) unbolted carb, disconnected fuel line removed rubber disk, reassembled, worked the air out of the system and the motor ran fine. Fast forward a couple hours, fired motor back up ran 3-4 miles with no problems at all shut the motor back off for 20-25 mins cranked back up normal, but would bog down and cut off when taking off. Top carb was not getting the fuel it should, but I can cover it with my hand and it will catch up and run normally after about 15 mins or running everything is normal (idle down and takes back off fine), but after sitting 5 mins the same thing happens. Where do I start? Primer bulb stays hard and squeezing it while taking off doesn’t change anything. Cannot see any fuel leaking while priming with bulb or while running. Carbs were rebuilt in November but fuel lines weren’t replaced. Is it possible that it needs to be rebuilt again after being jostled? Sorry for the long post just trying to cut down on question.

Carbs may need to be cleaned again....if there's no fuel/water seperater on the transom then consider installing one....

Comment

Working...
    X