1992 PROV150 LD 2 stroke issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 PROV150 LD 2 stroke issue

1992 PROV150 LD 2 stroke issue. Engine will not come out of the hole without help ( bumping choke ). Engine seems to bog down when given full throttle coming out of the hole however does not try to go dead. I can sit a person on the bow when coming out of the hole and it will finally brake over after a long amount of time and run fair. The RPM is still off about by 1000 ( 4700 and never reaches normal RPM of 5700 ) Engine cranks and idles perfect. Engine was running perfect before the problem. I can rev the motor up and it revs normally. Sounds good, smells good, feels good. No alarms and no leaks ( gas or oil ). I have cleaned fuel filter, replaced both fuel pumps and all spark plugs and the problem still exist. When coming out of the hole I can bump the choke repeatedly it and it will give it a little extra help to come out of the hole but it just barely makes it. That's the only way I can get the boat to plane off right now. I know there is a lot of things to check that I haven't but if anyone has some good ideas as to where to start it would be very much appreciated by a worn out and frustrated man that wants to go fishin. You guys ever experienced something like this ?

if bumping choke helps then it is not getting enough fuel .
    carbs main jets plugging or sucking air (vacuum leak) would be my thoughts
    Check with a timing light to see if timing is advancing as it should

Comment

+1 ^^^ re carbs..

You can also confirm by spritzing some PRE-MIX fuel down the intake when it's bogging...(another person performing this with hood off).

If in the middle of the bog, the spritz brings it "back to life", that's confirming it...

And if it is indeed running lean(clogged carbs), running it, while it's acting up, continued running could be disastrous (lean running).

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X