F115 Running Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 Running Rich

Hi guys, back for more. Took the boat out yesterday, fired right up at the dock, idle perfect, idled out of marina and for the next 2 hours ran great pulling kiddo's around the lake. Then the thing didnt want to idle, would choke down and cutoff. It would run great wot and really anything above 1,000 rpm, just no idle. All filters, including vst have been changed, pulled plugs this morning and all 4 were fouled,cleaned and it fired right up and idled perfect, then i noticed a little fuel in the intake silencer. pulled the line coming from the 2 lines at the top of vst and fuel was dripping out.

Could it be the pressure/check valve in the line coming from the vst to the intake? Is there a way to test? or something in the vst?

2000 F115TXRY

Thank you

I would not think there should be liquid fuel coming off the top of the VST.
    maybe needle and seat /float is not shutting off the incoming fuel as it should

Comment

i will check that tomorrow, after reading another thread someone with same problem apparently bent the float and needle was not closing, i may have roughed it up as well.

Comment

bent or trash in needle and seat

Comment

Working...
        X