2003 VX200 TLRB OX66 will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 VX200 TLRB OX66 will not start

Hi, first post here. I was running my boat yesterday and everything was fine on the way out. On the way back the motor suddenly died and would not restart. Plenty of battery power, it turns over strong. Got towed back and was troublle shooting today. Replaced spark plugs. Voltage is good. Kill switch is firmly in place. I disconnected the fuel line from the primer bulb and squirted some in a jar. Flows fine. Fuel looks good. Emptied the fuel filter plastic bowl and reprimed it to ensure bowl refills. Removed the drain plug from the VST and squeezed the prmer bulb. Good pulse of fuel comes out.

I squirted some of that fuel in the spark plug ports and the motor fires up briefly before dying. So I think I have a fuel delivery problem.

I have had the boat 3 years. I havent ever changed the VST filter in it. The fuel in the VST tank was clean, but blue colored. I assume that is the oil mix with the fuel?

Anyways. I would appreciate any advice.

need to monitor rail pressure to see if it is in spec
    if it is then check to see if injectors are working.
    in no rail pressure ,find out why pump is not running

Comment

That all sounds beyond my knowledge set. I'm not sure what the rail pressure is or how to check it. I also don't know how to check the injectors function.

I can determine if something has power. If i know where to look. I have read where some have put jumper wires from the battery to the pump to see if it works. As it stands I don't hear anything when I turn the key. I'm not sure what it is supposed to sound like or how loud it is. Is it something i would be able to hear from the console where the key is, or do I need to have someone else do it while i put my ear up to the vst?

Comment

I would think listening at the motor and maybe feeling the VST for vibration would be a good way .

a service manual for your motor would be a good thing to have if you are going to work on it yourself
        it will tell what steps to take in testing, specs, and what test equipment should be used
        Last edited by 99yam40; 05-24-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X