F225 wot rpm issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 wot rpm issue

Good evening. I am new to this forum but I have researched this issue the best I can on here. I have a f225 Yamaha with 1400 hours on a Everglades 243. When I bought the boat not to long ago the rig would run at 5600 rpm or so and a top speed of 40mph. During a fishing trip coming on one one time it all of a sudden lost 10mph and 600 rpm but the motor ran great. No knocking or skipping. Called the mechanic and he found a anti siphoned connection at the tank was broke. Replaced that and it ran good the next trip. Then on the way out the following trip it lost rpm again. It also ran on lower rpm all the way in for 18 miles and once I backed the throttle off and then back on it started running good. Called the mechanic and we put it in the water to run it and see what was going on and as soon as we left the dock it was only running at the lower rpm and speed at top end. I have been working with two mechanic and both are stumped as to the problem. The motor runs fantastic all the time it just will not go over 5000rpm and 30mph. We have changed injections, vst filters, decarb (with the yiec and that actually helped slightly). New plugs new filters. We have just have no idea at all what’s goi g on with it. Any help or advise would be very much appreciated

did they monitor the rail pressure to see if the pressure stayed in spec at WOT?
    what about the timing?
    did they inspect the park plugs after running WOT to see if any looked different?

dropping RPM means some cylinders are not running as they should

Comment

Yes we have no codes showing and the fuel pressure at the tail was around 40. Have checked spark but not timing. When the issue started is was running good at 5800 rpm and then all of a sudden like a switch flipped it dropped to 5000 and lost 10 mph.
      just an update we have changed plugs. And I ran it on a small separate gas tank to roll out fuel delivery on that side

Comment

Unless you're sure they're pristine, pull and clean your injectors. I consider it a regular maintenance issue on these engines. Especially those that run on ethanol.

​​​​​​https://www.mrinjector.us/

Comment

Nii ok I am not positive. We put new injectors in but that was before some of the filter and pump changes. I have the old ones. Do you know or recommend anyone that I could send them out to for cleaning and testing?

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
            Unless you're sure they're pristine, pull and clean your injectors. I consider it a regular maintenance issue on these engines. Especially those that run on ethanol.

​​​​​​https://www.mrinjector.us/
            he did post a link to an injector cleaning company

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              he did post a link to an injector cleaning company
              I've used "Mr.Injector" - (he's in Idaho !?!) and was completely satisfied
              also used Dale "Fuel Injector Man" in Naples, FL - again, completely satisfied.

Have never used "Flagship" or Brucato" but they are 'highly renowned'.

But its not Rocket Science -
              the cleaning/testing equipment used is pretty standard

Use Google
              if there is someone in driving distance who does it,
              you can save the back and forth shipping

Comment

Working...
              X