No announcement yet.

Starter install gone wrong.. 07 225 hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem resolved.. I put the new starter back on and did some research on wiring and it turns out the 12v wire leaving the starter wasn’t getting a connection. The old starter was definitely going out though. Once I got the wire connection fixed on the new starter she fired right up.. I appreciate all of the responses on this thread, I tried each and every suggestion which led me to finding the issue.. looking forward to helping you guys out when I can with your issues

Comment

good to hear,
      that makes sense, there was a bad connection.
      was it due to something getting in the way of the lug making contact on the bolt/nut?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        good to hear,
        that makes sense, there was a bad connection.
        was it due to something getting in the way of the lug making contact on the bolt/nut?
        Yea, the lug/washer wasn’t on correctly. I get like an idiot once I figured it out.. it happens though.

Comment

Just for curiosity, might wanna pull the OEM starter apart and check brushes, etc...

As expensive as they are, if it's a simple worn out brush, etc, might be worth fixing/saving..

Aftermarket parts as such, (IME), don't tend to hold up as well as expensive OEM ones..

Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
            Just for curiosity, might wanna pull the OEM starter apart and check brushes, etc...

As expensive as they are, if it's a simple worn out brush, etc, might be worth fixing/saving..

Aftermarket parts as such, (IME), don't tend to hold up as well as expensive OEM ones..
            true, there are starter and alternators shops that might look at it for you if you do not want to do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X