250HP OX66 O2 Sensor and Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250HP OX66 O2 Sensor and Timing

Hello everyone, new to the forum. I usually post in another forum but figured I would also ask here since its geared towards Yamaha engines.

I currently have an 00 250HP OX66. Currently it has sort of a “lean sneeze” and surging around 2200-2500 RPM. Since everybody says to check the O2 sensor, that’s where I started. I did the idle/cover hole on intake test and recorded a little video. How fast are the numbers supposed to move within the range? Should I clean/replace sensor?

https://youtu.be/KZ-lGlqkDak

Second question is about timing. Don’t have a winky blinky so wanted to confirm if I had a bad sensor and timing was off. I know its supposed to be at 7*ATDC if its running correctly. There are two ranges on flywheel (negative and positive). Where exactly is 7*ATDC? My timing is currently at the orange line (750-800 RPM):

47EF9CD5-97D0-40AE-9BA1-9D03B28BF180.jpeg
    ​​​​​​
    Things I’ve done:

-Replaced VST filter
    -Replaced LP fuel pumps
    -New Spark Plugs
    -Tested Coil Caps
    -Cleaned Injectors
    -Adjusted Oil link
    -Decarb “Dunk” Method with seafoam
    -Checked gas (no water/non-ethanol)
    -Swapped Stator/Pulsor coil from spare engine
    -VST has fuel pressure under load (35-36PSI)

Thanks for any help or info provided,

Jay

Forgot to mention that the timing goes to the left of 1TDC and rpm increases to 1200 when I disconnect knock sensor. So I'm assuming my timing is correct (so to the right of 1TDC is ATDC and to the left BTDC).

Comment

that sounds correct to me

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        that sounds correct to me
        Thank you for the reply. Any guesses on my O2 specs from video? I had read it was supposed to go down to .3 and up to .8 fairly fast when I would cover the intake hole.

Comment

Working...
        X