F225 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Question

Good morning, I just joined the forum and in search of some knowledge. We were motoring along and the F225 just shut-off, initially I thought I fish trap line and fouled the prop but that wasn't the case. An attempt to restart the engine was unsuccessful, the engine will turn but will not start. I'm going to look at the fuses and relay to see if they are good and will check the switches that I can. Any other suggestions to consider? Thanks in advance for any help.

'fuel' is an obvious question -
    what do you learn when you pump the primer bulb?

what year/model F225 ?

take off the flywheel cover
    and check that the cam gears/timing belt are still there

Comment

did you make sure the kill switch clip (man overboard) was still in place?

check to see if the plugs are getting spark

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        did you make sure the kill switch clip (man overboard) was still in place?

check to see if the plugs are getting spark
        I checked to ensure the kill switch was correctly engaged and the spark plugs are on the list for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          'fuel' is an obvious question -
          what do you learn when you pump the primer bulb?

what year/model F225 ?

take off the flywheel cover
          and check that the cam gears/timing belt are still there
          The primer bulb was firm after the engine shut off. I will be looking at the timing belt tomorrow as well as the coils , engine mountedfuel filter , the plugs and any other components I can check with visual or multimeter simplicity

Comment

Timing belt pulley sheared off...I will look at the pistons to see if there is any damage... assuming there isn't any hopefully I'll be back in business in about a week or so

Comment

The 3.3 liter F225TXR(X) series of models is a non-interference motor. There will be no damage to valves or pistons as a result of the crank shaft being out of time with the cam shafts.

Presumption being that you have a 3.3 liter F225. Must be top secret intel.
              Last edited by boscoe99; 05-20-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                The 3.3 liter F225TXR(X) series of models is a non-interference motor. There will be no damage to valves or pistons as a result of the crank shaft being out of time with the cam shafts.

Presumption being that you have a 3.3 liter F225. Must be top secret intel.
                I bought the boat used two years ago, the powerhead was replaced six months before I bought the boat, paperwork indicates it was a 2005 F225 HP EFI. I am going to assume it is a 3.3L.

Comment

Can someone tell me what size bolts to use for the flywheel and will a standard flywheel pulley fit this bolt pattern, thanks in advance.

Comment

yes, a standard 3-bolt "harmonic balancer & steering wheel puller"
                    should handle the job
                    the bolts are of course metric - M8 - 1.25

be prepared - some flywheels do not come off easily -
                    you may need extra washers under the bolt heads -
                    maybe even high tensile bolts

if you have an air or electric impact wrench,
                    that is excellent for drawing the puller down

Comment

Greatly appreciated, thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X