2001 OX66 250hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 OX66 250hp

2001 250 ox66, 90 hours. Cylinder #2 dry as a bone. All other cylinders ok, tested injectors-resistance all the same, tested pulse on All injectors-pulse present on all . Listened to each injector and heard the Injector clicking like normal operation, also just sent Injectors for cleaning and full Service out before this issue What else could it be to prevent fuel getting to the cylinder. I’m at a loss thanks

screen in that injector plugged if it is actually opening up as you think it is
    Last edited by 99yam40; 05-15-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I literally just had them done, everything replaced, o-rings, screens. All tested and cleaned, came back and maybe put a hour on it, then I used it again and and ran it about 3 hours, the results were poor performance and a dry plug with some silver on it, I had some oil when I pulled the intake cover off and to my surprise it was silvery oil, I expected that, I hope I didn’t do damage but we will see, I tested compression on that cylinder ( #2 ) and 119psi. Cylinder 4 was 120 and cylinder 6 was 119. Is there anything else I can check or do,

P.S- I pulled the injector checked screen and it was clear, That was supposedly giving me a problem and swapped to cylinder #1. After that I started it . Let it run ( not long) and did my tests, After I was done I immediately pulled plugs on the problem cylinder #2 and Seen some oil On piston and smelled fuel, I did the same thing on the cylinder #1 where I put the injector I was suspecting a issue, I smell fuel in the cylinder but can not determine if the injector working or not. I suspect it is being I smelled fuel. Why else can I do? Can I have a intermittent issue with the CDI? How can I test it.

Comment

I would be worried about the metal

Comment

ox66 shutdown cylinders at idle until you reach a prescribed rpm. Did you check the mechanical fuel pumps? . If you have metal you have more going on besides fuel issues

Comment

Working...
          X