05 f150 trim gauge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 f150 trim gauge question

After my purchase of my new to me boat, one of the first thing I notice was my trim gauge was not working, after ohm out the sender and finding it bad I order and install a new sender, but the gauge still don't work. So I notice the gauge plug had nothing pluged into them, and did not see anything. So my question, is there a separate cable harness from the motor to the gauge or is it all integrated in the main cable?
    And 2nd will the command link gauges work on the 2005 year model ?
    05 F150 TLRD
    06 23' UltaCat

If a conventional Yamaha multifunction or analog tachometer is used then yes, a separate wire harness is needed to provide trim and other information to the gauge. Only the power, ground and tachometer signal is provided to the tachometer by the main engine harness.

Need the complete serial number of your motor to advise on the Command Link compatibility question.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      if a conventional yamaha multifunction or analog tachometer is used then yes, a separate wire harness is needed to provide trim and other information to the gauge. Only the power, ground and tachometer signal is provided to the tachometer by the main engine harness.

Need the complete serial number of your motor to advise on the command link compatibility question.
      63p 1015257
      05 F150 TLRD
      06 23' UltaCat

Comment

According to Yamaha data, no, it does not have CL capability.

You must have an F150TXRD or an F150TLRD.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 12-16-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          According to Yamaha data, no, it does not have CL capability.

You must have an F150TXRD.
          It a F150TLRD
          05 F150 TLRD
          06 23' UltaCat

Comment

Working...
          X