05 50hp - two cylinders not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 50hp - two cylinders not firing

Have a 4 cylinder 50hp outboard motor with the first and third cylinder not getting fuel. Checked plugs and they're sparking, cleaned the carbs and they look fine, get fuel out the drain valve when I loosen it. The enricher that goes to the first and third carb don't seem to be doing anything, when I unplug the first one, nothing seems to happen. Not sure where to go from here trying to figure out why fuel isn't getting into those cylinders.

I think you have an '04, not an '05. There's no 4-cylinder carbureted model in 2005 as far as I know.

The enricher is called 'prime start'. If the engine hasn't warmed up yet, unplugging it isn't expected to change anything.. it just means it's running rich because the wax plunger can't close off the fuel enrichment valve. And typically, the top prime start assembly goes to the 2 top carbs (#1 and #2), and the bottom prime start assembly goes to #3 and #4. Maybe it's not assembled properly, or the link/sync isn't right. Could also be timing-related. The service manual will tell you how to check that stuff.

But what exactly is the bad behavior that you're observing? Might be better to just go back to the beginning and describe what prompted you to inspect things.
    2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

What the end result?
      I have a 50hp TLR and 2 out of the 3 cylinders are not firing

Comment

Working...
      X