2006 LF250TXR Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 LF250TXR Injectors

Been having an issue where the engine is making oil. (with gas)
    Starting by pulling the injectors and having them serviced.
    During that wait, do you recommend any type of cleaner be put into the injector hole in the block like seafoam or similar to help break up any deposits?
    What would be your next steps?
    Thanks

Had the same issue with the exact motor but i had bad two bad thermostats. Motor never got up to temperature to burn off fuel/moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Coulsting View Post
      Had the same issue with the exact motor but i had bad two bad thermostats. Motor never got up to temperature to burn off fuel/moisture.
      Changed the Tstats a couple months ago and I just happened to look at the plugs today they seem ok but whomever had these motors prior at LFR5a-11 and it calls for LFR6a-11, but that being said the 5 is a hotter plug. I do tend to idle a bit but I also run it like a raped ape on the way back in.

Last trip out this motor was running about 200 degrees via the data display on the N2K on my Simrad display Stbd was running about 192.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytoolguy View Post
        Been having an issue where the engine is making oil. (with gas)
        Starting by pulling the injectors and having them serviced.
        During that wait, do you recommend any type of cleaner be put into the injector hole in the block like seafoam or similar to help break up any deposits?
        What would be your next steps?
        Thanks
        From another thread but applies as well:

Might consider running Yamaha's RINGFREE..

It is a top end and fuel system cleaner. I use it in EVERY gas machine(SUV included) I own (regularly) and work on..

It's not cheap but way cheaper than replacing one injector, carb cleaning, etc and IME, works excellent..

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...?b=Search&d=34

Not noted on the bottle but a SHOCK dosage is 2oz / one gallon vs regular usage of 1oz/10 gallons
        (it's not a fuel stabilizer)
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

From another thread but applies as well:

Might consider running Yamaha's RINGFREE..

It is a top end and fuel system cleaner. I use it in EVERY gas machine(SUV included) I own (regularly) and work on..

It's not cheap but way cheaper than replacing one injector, carb cleaning, etc and IME, works excellent..

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...?b=Search&d=34

Not noted on the bottle but a SHOCK dosage is 2oz / one gallon vs regular usage of 1oz/10 gallons

(it's not a fuel stabilizer)
          I have always used some sort of treatment. Going to shock it with an external gas tank then start using the ring free and monitor from there.

Then again I may be reading into this too much like I always do. I kinda have OCD with thing running perfect all the time, especially when your 50+miles offshore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytoolguy View Post

I have always used some sort of treatment. Going to shock it with an external gas tank then start using the ring free and monitor from there.

Then again I may be reading into this too much like I always do. I kinda have OCD with thing running perfect all the time, especially when your 50+miles offshore.
            Please report back after the injectors have been serviced. Many complain about newer
            motors making oil but a 2006 seems a little strange.

Comment

Well after 2 trips it's definitely a mixture of water and some gas. Above what I am comfortable digging into, bring it into my local Yamaha tech and have them get into it. Probably have them dig into the fuel cooling system as well. Im guessing head gasket and what ever else related.. Anthing else I anyone can recommend to get done while they are there.

Comment

Water and gas in the ENGINE OIL?

Sparks plugs may show the issue if water getting in the combustion chamber.

Water getting into the block/oil is likely some serious corrosion in the block. The thermostat area (behind the T-stat) likes to
                hold salt water and corrode back there... I'd be peeking and poking some in that area..

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-23-2020, 06:16 PM.
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I could be wrong but the oil does have that milky color and I am pretty sure I can smell fuel as well. I may poke around but I have a great master tech here in San Diego. What he could fix in a day may take me several and the time factor is worth it with the season just starting to get going.

I do appreciate the feedback and please keep it coming.

Comment

So I dropped it off to the certified tech. He call back in an 90 minutes and said that there was water everywhere and to further diagnose he would have to take apart the entire block. He said what ever he found that most likely they would have to do a long block replacement and not worth the money to do a further diag. for 4-5 hours @ $130 per.

What the opinions here, its a 2006 with about 2100 hrs but still has been running great?
                    Look for a used motor?
                    Find another shop get another opinion?
                    Run it and change the oil after every trip. (which is easy since its on a trailer in my driveway).

Suggestions please.

Comment

you could take it apart yourself to find out what the problem is and then decide if you want to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        you could take it apart yourself to find out what the problem is and then decide if you want to fix it
                        Problem is getting back together without having xtra parts....LOL
                        But I probably wouldn't know what Im looking for to see what is actually wrong.
                        I don't mind trying if there are some suggestions on what to look for while Im taking apart maybe where to start?

Comment

I do not know much at all on F250s, so no help.

some motors had fuel coolers , but not sure that included F250s
                          maybe someone else can chime in on what the possible causes of water in oil and fuel in oil are.

corroded oil pan or block for water in oil possibly

Comment

this does have a fuel cooler, compression was good on all 6 cylinders.

Probably why shop said they had to dig 4-5 hours and then possibly still could not fix and may have to do a long block.

I guess I can't hurt anything by taking apart and see what I can find.

Comment

Dropped the lower found some oil on the drive shaft. Scoped the exhaust saw corrosion but couldn't tell if it was bad enough to have the "issue" Was suggested to me to take out the plugs and run flusher and if no water comes out the spark plug holes or dipstick tube most like it's the exhaust issue. Think I may have the local tech pull the power head if it's exhaust then change it if not then most likely new "used" motor search begins. Any other suggestions or opinions are appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X